Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd SG1 movie

• 07-01-2009 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/01/wright-discusses-third-sg-1-movie/

dont kow how i missed this ahvent checked any sites in a few days

Guess which main cast member wont be in it?
    Vala
    and guess who is replacing her with a full role and not just a guest apperarence
    Jack

no word on plot yet - still im interested to see where they go with it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Awesome.

That second character is waaaay better than the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

wikipedia also lists a To Be Announced date for a DVD release of Children of the Gods: the final cut. Hopefully it will clean up my inconsistencies thread and show more nudity.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well promising casting news anyway! There's an interview linked off of that article that's quite interesting too, with Brad Wright in a Q & A session with fans. There's a fair few angry people in there over Atlantis being cancelled (he rightfully enough says 100 episodes is actually a good amount), and said that he never described SG:U as "young and edgy" and that was only a network decision.

"All in all, 2008’s two direct-to-DVD Stargate films have proved successful for MGM — though they have not yet convinced the studio to pull out all the stops and commit to a big-budget theatrical film."

Boourns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I enjoyed the 1st two and with that cast member returning for a big role Im really looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

User45701 wrote: »
    Guess which main cast member wont be in it?
    Vala

S-fúcking-weet!
    User45701 wrote: »
    guess who is replacing her with a full role and not just a guest apperarence
    Jack

S-fúcking-weeter.

This already sounds very promising regardless of the complete lack of info on the plot. Hopefully they do a good job of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

You made my day :).

Awesome news indeed (hadn't heard anything about the third one been produced and was afraid they might be considering canceling it or something). And of course the casting news could not be better :D.

I hope the Atlantis movie(s) are successful as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

ixoy wrote: »
    There's a fair few angry people in there over Atlantis being cancelled (he rightfully enough says 100 episodes is actually a good amount)

Yes it is, too bad the last two seasons were such a drag (IMO), and 200 episodes would have been better than 100 ... :(

So let me get this straight AFAIK
    Vala
    was brought on board [as a regular] due to fan response, now we're all saying we hate ...? I need to know what bandwagon to hop aboard :D

I'm curious to see what storyline they're going to go with ...
    Overheal wrote:
    Hopefully it will clean up my inconsistencies thread and show more nudity.

Ooh nekked Teal'c! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well there is not much to work with plot wise, Ori are gone, Gouauld are all but defeated, none of them would be that much of a threat. They wont repeat a timeline story (id like another one - a better one but maybe for the 4th of 5th movie)

I dont know what else there is to do, replicators are done to death and arnt as kool as the orginal ones from 401

I suppose they could have some sort of war with the Ashen or a story involving a Jafa cival war or soemthing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Rascal77

In the final episode of Atlantis they mentioned that the odessey was on a secret mission.Could have something to do with that.

• Advertisement

that would also explain why jack didnt just sit in the chair himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jack's back baby, Jack's back!

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Rascal77 wrote: »
    In the final episode of Atlantis they mentioned that the odessey was on a secret mission.Could have something to do with that.

It wasn't the final , was it ?

KTRIC wrote: »
    It wasn't the final , was it ?
    It was.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Overheal wrote: »
    that would also explain why jack didnt just sit in the chair himself.
    way to wreck the spoiler everyone else had so well covered up :(

Calm down. I dont think that would have been kept a secret at all. First promo hits the TV screen - BAM. Theres jack.

Overheal was never a man for spoilers. Shine on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

"All in all, 2008’s two direct-to-DVD Stargate films have proved successful for MGM — though they have not yet convinced the studio to pull out all the stops and commit to a big-budget theatrical film."

Boourns!

I'm not convinced they could come out with anything that would be enjoyed on a whole by non-fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

No vala to perv on DAMMMMM, her voice make's me week at the knees sad I know ....

but looking forward to it :D...

cotwold wrote: »
    I'm not convinced they could come out with anything that would be enjoyed on a whole by non-fans.
    I think thats what it boils down to. Even Star Trek movies have been doing less than spectacular at the box office in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

I think thats what it boils down to. Even Star Trek movies have been doing less than spectacular at the box office in recent years.

Yeah i would really enjoy seeing a stargate film on the big screen but theres too much "sci-fi stigma" attached to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bambles

I'm looking forward to seeing
    Jack
    :D again but I really liked
    Vala
    too, it's a pity she's not in it.:(

Sherifu wrote: »
    Overheal was never a man for spoilers. Shine on!
    Having Jack back for a movie isnt exactly a spoiler, however,
    Dead Tony Almeda coming back to 24? Thats a spoiler. Dead Starbuck coming back to BSG? Thats a spoiler.

"isnt exactly a spoiler" - LOL

Advertisement