Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Z4 - room for spare wheel?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Following on from the discussion of run-flat tyres on the 3 series, i'm mulling over whether to get a Z4 later this year.

AFAIK they come with run-flats as standard. If I wanted to swap them for standard tyres, is there room in the boot for a spare? Does BMW supply a suitable spare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

The boot is quite small on the Z4 you might have room for a spare in there but it will take up all of your boot space, there is no space under the floor of the boot as this has the battery and other electronics stored there.

I find the ride on the Z4 also harsh but it is a sports suspension although my dad is thinking of changing to normal tyres when the time comes, I find the steering very precise but its very easy for the car to get pulled/tramlined into any level changes in the road which I assume is because of the run flats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I guessed it would have a harsh ride.

Driving a 318is coupé at the moment with quite firm m-sport suspension at the front, but the wheels are only 15" so there is some cushioning.

Unfortunately, I live in the back of beyonds and some of the roads are in very poor condition.

No boot space isn't a major issue. Would a space-saver wheel fit?

Also, is there any space behind the seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

A space saver should fit but remember you will have to carry a jack and wheel brace as well, there is very little space behind the seats just a few lidded cubbyholes they are a very small car inside, The sister has one and I find I(6 foot) don't fit too comfortably in it. Have you considered other cars, the Nissan 350z being a far better car to drive ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Nissan 350z being a far better car to drive ??

Na there is no such thing as a Nissan being better to drive than a bimmer :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭gofaster_s13

mick.fr wrote: »
    Na there is no such thing as a Nissan being better to drive than a bimmer :-)

I would be a dyed in the wool 2nd generation BMW fan and have three BMW's in the household but having driven the 350z I would trade straight away for one !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I would be a dyed in the wool 2nd generation BMW fan and have three BMW's in the household but having driven the 350z I would trade straight away for one !!

Oh that was you?
    nissan_350z_girl.jpg

Joke aside it is a lovely car you are right, very nice interior and powerful, as a BMW fanatic and owner myself I simply would not even try it...
    Call me stupid I know, I am just a freak :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Not a fan of Japanese cars tbh, although I'm well impressed by the 350z, GT-R and 370z. :)

I'm thinking of getting either the 2.5si or 2.2i, depending on funds, etc.

Also, how does the Audi TT rate against the Z4?

Advertisement