Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant w/Early Bird Menu near Parnell St

• 07-01-2009 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Hiya,
    going to the cinema Sat. night with some mates and we are looking for a good restaurant with an early bird menu around the Parnell St area. I suggested a Chinese but a mate insists that Chinese are only for takeaways:rolleyes: which rules out alot of diners in the area. Chapter One have an early bird but its €38 which is too much. Any ideas, doesnt have to be anything too fancy, just a 2 course for around €20pp.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

There is a fine establishment called Bennys next to the cinema. Its a chipper, Not the greasy spoon it used to be but does lovely food. 20 yoyo should get you plenty. Also a fine little Italian place accross the road from it.
    The Kingfisher comes to mind too and there is also an Eddie Rockets at the cinema.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Abacus restaurant in the Academy Hotel, Cathal Brugha Street has a good value early bird at about 22 euro or so, but the menu would probably be described as 'Asian fusion', so may be a bit Chinese-y for your mate. Lovely food though.

There is also Madina Desi Curry Company in Mary Street. I don't know if they have an early bird, but you'd get plenty for 20 euro a head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,001 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

RATM wrote: »
    Chapter One have an early bird but its €38 which is too much
    You don't know what you're missing. I know it above your budget but it's one of the best restaurants in Dublin (and Mrs Wishbone Ash's favourite). You'd easily spend the difference on a few pints so try it out sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

You don't know what you're missing. I know it above your budget but it's one of the best restaurants in Dublin (and Mrs Wishbone Ash's favourite). You'd easily spend the difference on a few pints so try it out sometime.

Agree 110%

Very nice staff and incredibly nice food, defo the best restaurant in this town imo - it's where chefs and restauranters go on their nights out.

Try it - you won't regret it :)

Advertisement