Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another photographer/police incident !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Now that is just ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Just read it. Feckin' mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lukaty

They think, they can do anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

After a recent experience in Romania i feel inclined to say we have it lucky.

It's our last night in Bucharest, and after leaving a fantastic little Jazz pub at 2AM we decided to go and grab some food before heading back to the hostel

While me and my wife are standing in the queue our mate decides to film the street with his mobile phone for his wee videoblog he had been doing all week.

Behind is an average looking Romanian guy in a wooly jumper and jeans, as i wander over to our mate, i hear the guy shouting "STOP FILMING" "NO FILMING ME!"

My mate points to me and says "Its ok, im filming my friend and starts to put his phone in his pocket"
    Hes sitting on some steps at this point and before he knows it this guy is standing over him still shouting "DONT FILM ME, DONT FILM ME"

At this point were both freaking out a little (remember it was 2am and the beer was rather cheap) when the guy in a wooly jmper says "I'm a cop, dont film me!" And unholsters his fecking gun as proof that he is a cop, waves it in my mates face and shouts again "DONT FILM ME!"

Needless to say, i didnt get my kebab......:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Link to an article about Jess Hurd referred to in the article above.

Hope the Garda here do not become as reactionary.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=833220
    so for this he was in a shopping center? Ok its private property but handcuffing him is way out of order.

As for http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=831647, very much knee jerk reaction by power mad cops.

Eirebear, thats feckin scary.

I still think we should do a boards.ie photo meet in central london, see how many people can be stopped by cops while doing nothing illegal :D
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Cabaal wrote: »

Eirebear, thats feckin scary.

I still think we should do a boards.ie photo meet in central london, see how many people can be stopped by cops while doing nothing illegal :D
    :p

lol yeah it was a bit scary all right, i spent the rest of the way home wondering if every guy in jeans and a wooly jumper had a gun! :eek:

central London Boards meet would be hilarious, especially considering the range of Irish acents on show :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭uprising

Central London photo meet sounds great, i've been dying to get out with my new camera's....Here they are:eek:

PhotoGun.jpg
    c9c358e6894e8b96a35f8d121ed86ffb-orig
    b351b37c01d099c76f780cd9dcd6998d-orig
    5a5916bd1abd6f5de17b157b65d7f0c2-orig

It will be a blast(to my head), I cant wait to shoot something:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Myself and shep both had run ins with the Guards last night, Shep was told not to take a picture of the Gatehouse of US embassy which had Red Paint thrown at it! Just before this I had been told to get off a wall which was about 2 foot high, the Demonstrators who came just after me climbed all over it and the same Guard let them at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Cabaal wrote: »
    Ok its private property but handcuffing him is way out of order.

In this case was he assaulted? There are specific guidelines for the use of handcuffs in the UK. Three officers, one man. Was there a need to use the handcuffs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

There are MPs on the case over this sort of thing in Britain. Police over there are a: completely ignorant of the law and b: breaking the law themselves, routinely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Its not a camera its a bomb detonator !

Seioulsy in the UK the government is quite hypocritical.. ooh look never mind the cameras - what have you got to hide ?

Photographers could ask the same questions of the government. Just remember to use film when taking down the government..

PS : ALLAH AKBAR / Tiocfaid Ar La! / SMASH THE STATE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Shep was told not to take a picture of the Gatehouse of US embassy

I've had hassle there a well, got busted by a 21 year old cop with spots who demanded to see the contents of my card. I told him he could contact my employer and the person who commissioned the photos. I kept the photos though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭positivenote

if a garda stops you are they permitted to view your photos and/or take hold of your camera? just wondering what they are legally allowed to do and not do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

dunno, in my case I held the camera and allowed to Garda to view the contents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

if a garda stops you are they permitted to view your photos and/or take hold of your camera? just wondering what they are legally allowed to do and not do?

AFAIK, no, a Garda is not permitted to view your photos nor take your camera, unless you are being arrested. They would require a court order to examine the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I guess the police had a certain arrest quota to meet for the week......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

There are MPs on the case over this sort of thing in Britain. Police over there are a: completely ignorant of the law and b: breaking the law themselves, routinely.

I'd say this should prompt the MPs to take the matter pretty seriously.

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=833630

Advertisement