Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will an xbox 360 dvd remote work with original xbox xbmc?

• 07-01-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just bought a 2nd hand xbox and plan to put xbmc on it.
    I've been looking for a dvd remote for it to use for controlling xbmc once its installed.
    However, the only dvd remotes i can find are xbox 360 remotes.
    If i buy one of these, will it work with the original xbox/xbmc install?

Thanks for any info,

p.s. forgot to mention, ill be upgrading the hdd inside the xbox as well...dunno whether this will make a difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭ninjasurfer1

hi,
    has anyone successfully used a xbox 360 remote with the original xbox xbmc?
    thanks,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

I have never tried it but i cant see it working as you need a receiver for the xbox 1 to use the remote it comes with the remote

Thanks for the response.

Does the xbox 360 dvd remote not come with an ir receiver as part of the package, or is this already built into the xbox 360?

If so, would this work with the original xb (xbmc) or do they both operate on different frequencies?

cheers,

• Moderators Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The 360 and original hardly have the same connection ports? AFAIK they dont.

Ebay have original Xbox remotes from the UK for about £10 I think. And sure with the £ so bad its advantage ninjasurfer1

The 360 and original hardly have the same connection ports? AFAIK they dont.

Ebay have original Xbox remotes from the UK for about £10 I think. And sure with the £ so bad its advantage ninjasurfer1

Off to ebay i go so!!! :)
    Thanks for the info Black Knight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement