Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia E66 - middle button glow

• 07-01-2009 4:31pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got myself an E66 the other day to see what it's like - been a while since I've has a S60 or a nokia for that matter.

Anyway the button in the middle keeps glowing when the phone is in standby.
    I have no messages or missed calls or anything like that.
    is this normal for the phone?
    On my prev Windows devices if I had a light like that meant that I had mail/SMS ect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Happens on my e71 also. I think it's only within 30 minutes of getting a call/email/text, but for some reason it still flashes after I've read it.

'Tis a weird one, but doesn't really bother me. It's a pretty light.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

So it's not just me :)
    It annoys me cause I'm used to leaving my fone on silent on my desk in work, if I see a glowing light I pick it up to check the message.
    I've been thinking I'm very popular latley :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

same on the N78 - i espicially like the option where you can turn off the "breathing" and have that light on all the time ! ???

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

bedlam wrote: »
    The e71 and I assume e66 have two different types of lights.

1) Breathing light, which you are both seeing. As far as I can tell this is just to let you know your phone still has power when it is in standby (blank screen). This light slowly pulses every 10 seconds or so.

2) Notification light. This lets you know you have a new sms,email etc. This is a faster flashing light.

If you want to make the most of the notification light I've found it best to turn off the breathing light. to do this go to...

Tools \ Profiles \ The profile you use eg General \ Personalise \ Breathing light \ Off

Then make sure notification light is turned on...

Tools \ Settings \ General \ Personalisation \ Notification light \ Blink light for

Cheers - it was wrecking my head :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Jim_No.6

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Cheers - it was wrecking my head :D

Just chiming in to say that I had the same problem - cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

Nice one. I had the same on the E71 - sorted. I thank you kindly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

Thanks for that bedlam. That was really annoying me.

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭bigslick

Have a problem with my E66 which is annoying me. I did what is said in this thread and it worked beautifully thank you.

However after awhile i missed the breathing (sad i know) so reversed it. But ever since then i dont get that little message notification that comes up and the bottom of the home screen. which then means to read message i have to go into messages, inbox, then the message which is really annoying!!

Any idea how to fix it?

I've another question also. On the screen of the E71 there is a list of options listed down the middle of the screen. WLAN network, search internet, set up email etc How do I get rid of these?

I thank ye kindly :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Miss B

I'm on my second E66. 1st one kept freezing, took it back for exchange within my 30 days. Couldn't find anything else I liked so got same phone again.. This one seems to be ok (day 2) but it doesn't fully slide close and is really stiff - is starting to really annoy me! Anyone else any problems with this phone?

To hide icons down the centre just click into them and select hide setup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

Wizard007 wrote: »
    I've another question also. On the screen of the E71 there is a list of options listed down the middle of the screen. WLAN network, search internet, set up email etc How do I get rid of these?

I thank ye kindly :)

You need to turn off active standby. It will also get rid of the application shortcuts on the standby screen to.

To turn it off go to Tools/Settings/General/Personalisation/Home Screen

and change home screen from active.

Nice one Mathew. Thanks a mil :)

Advertisement