Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation course

Options
  • 07-01-2009 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi,
    After already having done a course in the engineering field, I want to go back and do an animation course this autumn. Its always been my first love and Im always drawing at home. My question is, what are the best animation courses in Ireland (and worst), what do they offer and are tehy worth doing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I believe Ballyfermot or IADT are the ones I've heard good things about.

Check out the archives on creativeireland.com too for some other opinions.

With your combo of skills you'll probably be able to make a nice bit of money doing engineering animations as a bread winner if you find classical animation a tough field to break into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 thepotrovk

Check nightcourses.com or .ir cant remember

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

aye ballyfermot is the best. www.scb.ie

tutors have all worked full time in the industry and know their **** and most of the folks i know who studied there are working professionally in games and tv work both classically and computer 2d & 3d based.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭ben bedlam

thanks for that guys. whats animation work like in ireland these days? is it all confined to dublin?

Advertisement