Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year Eve Glimmerball FARCE

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

311 wrote: »
    Sebzy you know the owners or caretakers of the place though ,did they invite you down there to take pictures ?
    I know a friend of an organizer who knows the owners of the castle. But as this event was run by a promotion company called Cherrycool they were just renting the venue AFAIK.

:( No not this time

They hired in someone by the looks of it. Shame I would of done it for free.

Anyway maybe next year (still planning on being broke)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Sebzy

Sleipnir wrote: »
    ROFL.

Yea gourmet was a total no show should of just called it hot grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Sebzy wrote: »
    I know a friend of an organizer who knows the owners of the castle. But as this event was run by a promotion company called Cherrycool they were just renting the venue AFAIK.

:( No not this time

They hired in someone by the looks of it. Shame I would of done it for free.

Anyway maybe next year (still planning on being broke)
    You seen to have made the most of it so ,fair play :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

OMG - that looks like the most horrific event!!!!

See picture no. 45 - they are eating on picnic benches!!!!

Photo 95 - what was it a student event!!!! Cans at a black tie ball, cmon, that's not classy!!!

Photo 100 - another classy bunch of people in their coats drinking cans!!!

And the crowds at the bar - what a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

The photos of the girl falling over on the dancefloor add a particularly classy touch!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Looks more like a fancy dress house party to me :pac::pac::pac:, did the hotel have no beer taps or something?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I can't believe people are sitting around with their coats on - obviously freezing - in a MARQUEE IN DECEMBER, eating slop that's a million miles away from the 'gourmet food' advertised. And of course being Irish, probably no one complained. Why didn't they at least serve the food *indoors*?

If i'd been there I would have been straight online to lodge a case with the small claims court as soon as i'd gotten home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

This is reminiscent of a certain concert in Celbridge a couple of years ago,
    whcih is still featuring in the small claims court.

As long as there are people with more money than sense, events like this will always be around.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/justice/courts-system/small_claims_court

Pay your €15 and take your chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

eth0_ wrote: »
    I've never heard of DJ Kormac in my life and i'm into several of the bands he has 'played alongside' (i.e at the bottom of the same bill).

:rolleyes:

For the record, I wasn't at the Glimmerball but did hear it was a sham altogether. On a side point, wasn't this the 3rd year of it??

With regard to Kormac, he's played in Dublin plenty of times over the last few years even though he's only gotten 2 EPs out so far. Dj Yoda and others have been singing his praises regarding his productions of late. And in fairness, he's one of the most innovative and talented musicians/producers in this country at the moment and he and his band always get the crowd going!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭you*ess*bee

Just to update you guys...

I complained via email to Cherrycool productions numerous times. They were even to unprofessional to insult me in an email! More childish than a professional business.

Anyways, after complaining and assuring them I would not stop emailing until I got a refund, they have said they posted my refund to me last tuesday. I am still waiting. I feel like this is the old cheque is in the post gag...

I'll let you guys know what the progress is, if I actually receive a refund or not. I suggest anyone at all that attended and had a horrid time email them and demand a refund. After so many people complain maybe they'll get the hint!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

give the cheque ten days to arrive then go down the small claims court route!

Advertisement