Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for friends in Bray!

Options
  • 07-01-2009 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi you all. I just moved out here with the wife. Im new to the area and feel a bit cut off.My friends have been scattered to the four winds by house prices. Just looking for male friends(in Bray or south Dublin area) to have a pint with now and then. Im 39 but my wife says I act like a man much younger than my age.:) I have no kids .
    I have a wide range of interests-current affairs,politics reading and just being interesting! I like watching the odd game of football.

Leave a private message and see what happens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Craft25

I'd say go the pub with your missus, down the beer gardens on the beach or maybe somewhere like kennedys in the vevay...

either that or join something.. golf, hillwalking, cycling... toastmasters or chess club maybe if you're not into being active.. once you get in with one person/couple you should get more connections pretty quickly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Teacherman

Thanks. Dont play golf or cycle but I get the idea. Was half thinking of founding a book club. See how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClimateGirl

Welcome to Bray. It's a great place, and I have no doubt you'll make friends in no time! Here's some more place for meeting locals/trying new activities in the area off the top of my head:

Bray CoastCare - does a monthly litter pick up in the Bray Head area, great for meeting other local residents that care about the community

East Coast Kayaking Group - do regular paddles in the summer from Bray beach

Bray Photography Club - quite an active organisation in Bray, suitable for all levels, good weekly talks about a variety of photo-related topics

St Thomas' commuity college - does a variety of adult evening classes that are a great way of meeting locals with similar interests. They are signing up for their winter term this week so good time to sign up for something.

PM me if you want contact details for any of the above.

Also, when we first moved here -we through a little "wine and cheese" get together and invited everyone on our street. It was a really great way to meet all the neighbors and some nice friendships have developed from it. Everyone was really grateful that we took the initiative to organise something and we felt a lot better about leaving our city friends behind once we felt more familiar here. So, that might be something to consider.

Have fun and welcome to the neighborhood! I'm sure you'll be very happy in Bray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dunser

Hi Teacherman

I live in Bray its a good spot plenty of Pubs and Resturants. Where are you living in Bray.
    Pm me if you fancy a few pints always looking our for good drinking buddy.

Just thought I would update this thread a bit. Still in Bray and still without a drinking buddy out here. Im not really into joining a club as I still have commitments over in Templeogue where I used to live so adding more at the moment is not on. Perhaps this is the wrong forum?

Just into the odd pint discussing the affairs of the day!

• Advertisement

Perhaps somebody might suggest another site?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Try google.

Advertisement