Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Every County in 24 hours

Options
  • 07-01-2009 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Well as the title suggests, im interested in driving through every county in ireland (all 32) in just one day. Obviously you would need at least two drivers and be absolutely certain of routes but i think this could be a great thing to do. You could raise money for charity, get some kind of record (possibly) and have a great time doing it.

Anyone have any views? And has this been done/attempted before?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

This was done before on RTE by two guys who ended up hosting that show asking for people to dare them to do stupid sh*t.

From memory, I dont think they completed it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sounds interesting. Could easily be done in one day I imagine. What ya hoping to do it in

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

RTE's program "I dare ya" attempted this. They failed. I still think it's possible with some good planning

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Havnt thought of what car id attempt in, or any of the logistics for that matter but id imagine that many car companies would be happy to sponsor such a thing, all they would have to do is lend you a car for a weekend and in return potentially recieve substantial publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

FreeFallin wrote: »
    Well as the title suggests, im interested in driving through every county in ireland (all 32) in just one day. Obviously you would need at least two drivers and be absolutely certain of routes but i think this could be a great thing to do. You could raise money for charity, get some kind of record (possibly) and have a great time doing it.

Anyone have any views? And has this been done/attempted before?

2 of my mates have done it,they got one of the opel astras they were promoting at the time with a weekend test drive and they used that!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Should be entirely possible; you may only glance off certain counties on your way past though.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Bluetonic wrote: »

Ahh, so other people have thought of this..
    jackncoke wrote: »
    2 of my mates have done it,they got one of the opel astras they were promoting at the time with a weekend test drive and they used that!

.. and completed it. And i thought i was onto something here:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Covered all 32 Irish counties in the space of one year and that was enough for me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

The RAC had an officially recorded record for this some years ago. I am interested in any new recorded attempt and the route taken.

What are the exact rules, do you only have to visit the 32 or do you have to return to your point of origin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

have you considered a helicopter?

that way you could have a gargle in a pub in each county as well.

Everyones a winner !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

kikel wrote: »
    RTE's program "I dare ya" attempted this. They failed. I still think it's possible with some good planning

I saw that episode, they got into the high twenties, I think 28 but couldn't be sure. They lost time in one county because they couldn't find a sign to take a photo with.

Their criteria specified that they had to take a picture of a road sign to prove they were in whatever county they said they were in. They actually passed through my home town too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Hammertime wrote: »
    have you considered a helicopter?

that way you could have a gargle in a pub in each county as well.

Everyones a winner !

I'd say you would end up flying into the pub after the third county :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Berty wrote: »
    This was done before on RTE by two guys who ended up hosting that show asking for people to dare them to do stupid sh*t.

From memory, I dont think they completed it in time.

Yeah it is more fun if you actually try one pub in each country
    That might explain why they had not finished on time :-)

Advertisement