Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro Dollar Sterling Exchange rates

Options
  • 07-01-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

I live in London and I am travelling to NY next week. I would like to transfer about 800 euros from my BOI account here to my Abbey UK account. I was just wondering if it would be a better idea to exchange directly from euros to dollars and then the unspent remainder back to sterling, or to exchange the whole lot to sterling and then some of it to dollars for my trip.

So i have 800 euros, ill need about 600 dollars and then the rest needs to be turned into sterling.

Whats the best way of doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Vorak wrote: »
    Whats the best way of doing this?

Reading the "Please Note: This is NOT a personal finance forum" sticky on the Economics forum would have been a good place to start.

Advertisement