Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards logs you off very quick, doesnt it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Supermanscat

**** sake, same happened to me, logs of after about a minute! Twice tried posting only to find myself logged out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah this happens to me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Dudess wrote: »
    In fairness, this has been happening to a lot of people lately, including me. At least one other Feedback thread was started about it.
    I'm 8 time zones away in California. During peak user times in Ireland, after I type in my password, I get the usual Welcome Blue Lagoon message, but when I try to post, I'm already timed out. I will go through the log-on procedure several times during peak user times, but cannot post.

I am now posting a quarter past 7AM Irish time, and not having this problem. This is not a peak user time. This problem just began last weekend. I have never experienced this problem in all the years I've used boards.

It makes no difference if I use IE 7.0 or FF 3.0.

EDIT: Was told by a friend that boards.ie did some maintenance or upgrading last week and that this might be the source of my problem? He was just guessing...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

The problem has been fixed? It's now working for me. Whom do I thank? Pass this on: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!:D

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haven't changed a single thing, so congratulations on whatever you've done to fix your issue :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

In general i find it does, walk away from laptop come back 2 mins later and your logged off.

Advertisement