Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Iphone - can't use appstore?

• 07-01-2009 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Trying to use app store and have setup an itunes account (an Irish one).

When ever I try and buy an application from the appstore it tells me I must use the Irish store - but I don't know where to tell the phone I am an Irish customer, the app store stuff is priced in US$.

The phone is a 1st gen iphone, bought in USA and jailbreaked/unlocked on vodafone.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I have a US 1st gen iPhone and have no problems using the Irish App store/iTunes.

In the main iTunes screen, you can select the store in the very bottom middle of the screen - you usually have to scroll down a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I have a US 1st gen iPhone and have no problems using the Irish App store/iTunes.

In the main iTunes screen, you can select the store in the very bottom middle of the screen - you usually have to scroll down a bit.

I think the op talks about using the appstore on the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Eoin Macollamh

Patrickof wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to use app store and have setup an itunes account (an Irish one).

When ever I try and buy an application from the appstore it tells me I must use the Irish store - but I don't know where to tell the phone I am an Irish customer, the app store stuff is priced in US$.

The phone is a 1st gen iphone, bought in USA and jailbreaked/unlocked on vodafone.

Plug the phone in to iTunes. Log in to the Irish iTunes store. Sync the phone. The phone should be set to the Irish iTunes store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

Plug the phone in to iTunes. Log in to the Irish iTunes store. Sync the phone. The phone should be set to the Irish iTunes store.

I'll try that tonight.

Advertisement