Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Origin of New Years Resolutions

Options
  • 07-01-2009 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I am a third year journalism student and I was wondering if anyone could help me with a query for a feature I am writing.

I would like to know the origin of New Year Resolutions.

I need to be able to use the material and possibly quote parts of it, so if anyone is from a history society or something, then that would be great.

The magazine I am writing is for educational purposes only, so don't worry about anyone seeing it.

I am aiming the magazine at teenagers, so I think it is important for them to gain some background information.

After some research I have found varying stories that contradict one another, so if would be great if anyone of authority could give me the real answer!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement