Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Makes You think..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Remember reading his original post a while back. Makes you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Breakfast? As much as I hate the cheeky cockney tw*tter, prison needs Jamie Oliver. It was supposed to be sausage, a plum tomato and scrambled egg. I would have been better off having shat on my plate. And that’s another thing, plates. You get one plastic plate, bowl, spoon, knife and fork. They’re yours, for the duration of your visit. I head down from the 3rd floor of a large Victorian prison wing, to the ground floor, where meals are handed out. Then it’s back up to your cell, with your meal, where you’re locked back in to eat. If you eat all of your food, it’s probably a miracle, or you’re a sadist. Anything left on your plate (likely), you can’t take it back or put it in the tiny bin in the cell. You cut it up into small pieces and flush it down the cell toilet. I bypass most of breakfast and put it straight down the toilet. A bit like being bulimic but without having to taste the food twice. How do you wash your now greasy plate and utensils? In the small cell sink, used also for washing yourself. No washing up liquid, just grease.

LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

makes you think allright

But please don't all go quoting passages of text now adding lols and/or smileys

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Some sobering reading. Will really make me think about some of my more 'spirited' driving habits.

Should really be required reading when applying for your Provisional.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Theres a horrible feeling of "never happen to me" about the initial incident, but of course, it did happen to him...

Only read a few pages (so far, will read it all), at least he got in to an open prison rather than being left in a medium security for the entire time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Interesting read.

Aint nothing like an American prison though... jesus.

I think an account of that would be a bit different.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I got a get a trip, or tour if you like, through Limerick Prison about three years ago. It really is as bad as you think. Sobering story alright. Read three or four days of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does he describe what eactly happened on the road? Or am I missing it somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Stekelly wrote: »
    Does he describe what eactly happened on the road? Or am I missing it somewhere?

From when i read it first, i got the impression that he just spun out, as in not his fault. But then he says it was his fault, i might of missed it, but he never said exactly what he was doing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

There's more backround to the events here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I have only read th first couple of days but it does make you stop and think. Fair play to Daniel for writing it. I will post this later in the ES forum too. No harm to spread it around boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ResDub

I know this guy is trying to be forthright and share his experience but does it not seem a bit strange that he got twelve months and as he says he never was in trouble with the police and also pleaded guilty. I don't know whether they give tougher sentences across the water but it seems there have been people over here who've killed people and not been imprisoned. Is there more to this than on the blogs ?

Advertisement