Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM2009 problem

Options
  • 07-01-2009 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hey guys, i've been playing fm2009 no problem since it was released but then the other night i went home from work and clicked on the icon to start the game but it the Activation thing came up asking me for my Key again, typed the key in but no luck, it says i need a new key even though it was working fine and never uninstalled it!!!! asked a few lads that i know play fm2009 and they have the exact same problem! i've tried the fixes outlined on sigames.com but no luck. anyone else have such a problem yet? just for the record i have it on the PC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Dexters16 wrote: »
    hey guys, i've been playing fm2009 no problem since it was released but then the other night i went home from work and clicked on the icon to start the game but it the Activation thing came up asking me for my Key again, typed the key in but no luck, it says i need a new key even though it was working fine and never uninstalled it!!!! asked a few lads that i know play fm2009 and they have the exact same problem! i've tried the fixes outlined on sigames.com but no luck. anyone else have such a problem yet? just for the record i have it on the PC.

Can you post exactly what the game is telling you? Maybe a screenshot?

Also, are you using steam or the dvd?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

im using the disc to play, its just saying we are unable to process your activation request, for a new unlock key go to sigames.com or something to that effect. error code is -821. tried the fix for -821 but it wont accept my key either and checked the fmlookupkey thingy and all. im considerin buying a new one but wanna make sure it wont screw up too.

im using the disc to play, its just saying we are unable to process your activation request, for a new unlock key go to sigames.com or something to that effect. error code is -821. tried the fix for -821 but it wont accept my key either and checked the fmlookupkey thingy and all. im considerin buying a new one but wanna make sure it wont screw up too.

You could try this alternative and see what happens:

Install Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Then register, when you've done that. Login, and click Activate a product on steam. When you've done that, get your serial number from your Fm2009 manual and enter it in there. And it'll download

Try that and report back if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You could try this alternative and see what happens:

Install Steam:

http://store.steampowered.com/about/

Then register, when you've done that. Login, and click Activate a product on steam. When you've done that, get your serial number from your Fm2009 manual and enter it in there. And it'll download

Try that and report back if you can.

I bought FM2009 and I registered with Steam. I am also having the same problem with playing it as it's not accepting my code saying that "it's already in use".

I downloaded an update for the game thinking this would be the solution but alas it still hasn't worked. Highly irritating.

You need to delete the certificates and re-activate the game

1) On receiving the error, please uninstall the game
    2) Please navigate to the following directory:

XP users: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate
    Vista users: C:\Program Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009 Certificate

3) Please ensure that it is the \certificate directory you are located in

4) Delete all content

5) Reboot the machine

6) Re-run the installation programme and retry activation - ensuring you have 'verified' your key using the following website: http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/

7) You should now be activated

Try that guys and let me know how you get on.

• Advertisement

i've looked for the certificate folder but it doesnt seem to be there, do you know could it be hidden in any other folder?

i've looked for the certificate folder but it doesnt seem to be there, do you know could it be hidden in any other folder?

Interesting. It really should be in there it may be hidden. I can see mine so it is contained there.

Try to turn off hidden folders and try again.

I looked up my key on that website mentioned in a previous post and I was given two options.

An online code and a phone code.

When you're asked to input your registration code before starting the game simply paste your code and change all the capital letters into small letters.

For example F3CCR becomes f3ccr.

It worked fine for me. Hope this works for you.

tried unlocking again, activation came back saying application could not connect to the internet. so done the fix for the error and it came back with an error -819 when i put my keycode into the launcher part of the fix.

tried unlocking again, activation came back saying application could not connect to the internet. so done the fix for the error and it came back with an error -819 when i put my keycode into the launcher part of the fix.

1) Open IE and go to: https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com

2) Here if you are using IE7 it will prompt you – “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.”

3) Next, Click – “Continue to this website (not recommended)”. However – this is okay, it is safe.

4) Look up top at your IE address bar – you will see “Certificate Error”. Click this box, then click “View Certificates”.

5) Press, “Install Certificate…”

6) Select the “Place all certificates in the following store”.

7) Press “Browse”

8) Select “Trusted Root Certificate Authorities”. Not this will install the Go Daddy (a reputable) certificate into your trusted root certificate authorities if it is not there.

9) Press OK

10) Press Next

11) Press Finish

Close IE, then Reopen it and to go to https://fm2009.sa01.softanchorinsight.com. Note: on this visit, you will be allowed without trouble.

From here –

1) Reopen your FM2009 game
    2) Enter your key into the Activation Dialog
    3) Select the “Online” activation
    4) Press Next

You game should activate immediately.

• Advertisement

god this is really wrecking my head! i take it i need to register to softanchorinsight to go onto that link? just tried to register and it must be my day cause "account management is not available"!!!!:mad:

god this is really wrecking my head! i take it i need to register to softanchorinsight to go onto that link? just tried to register and it must be my day cause "account management is not available"!!!!:mad:

I think it's time you ring technical support. They usually fix these problems in 5 mins.

Mine is working fine now but if people have to uninstall the game does that mean that they lose all their saved data?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Mine is working fine now but if people have to uninstall the game does that mean that they lose all their saved data?

No and reinstalling the game won't fix anything.

do ya happen to know the number for tech support?

do ya happen to know the number for tech support?

0870 010 8002

England, I know, but it shouldn't take long.

Just remember you drop the first zero when dialling e.g. 00448700108002

cheers, hopefully i get it sorted, i'll leave a post to let ya know how i get on!

cheers, hopefully i get it sorted, i'll leave a post to let ya know how i get on!

Please do. Then tell us how they fixed it so it can help others. Best of luck with it.

Woohoooo! got it working again! done ths new fix they brought out and it done the trick!

Please download the fix here:

http://www.footballmanager.com/fixv3.zip this is v8.0 - we haven't changed the url as other posts are linking

To use the fix, please do the following:

1) Download the file to your desktop

2) Unzip the contents of the file - You must unzip ALL of the files... (ActivatorDLL.dll, FootballManager2009.jpg and RunMe.exe)

3) Click RunMe.exe

4) Enter your license key under the panel that reads "Step 1"

5) Press the "Save" button

6) Save the "Request.txt" file to your desktop

7) In Internet Explorer - go to http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorin...eactivate.aspx - You may also click the link under the panel that says "Step 2"

8) In the web page that you have opened, please use the "Browse" button to upload "Request.txt" to the server

9) Press "Upload" and upload the file to the server

10) The server will then ask you to save a file called "Response.txt"

11) Save this file to your desktop

12) Next, go back to the fix program. Under the panel that says "Step 3" press the "Load" button and then find Response.txt on your desktop, or wherever you saved it to in step 11, for Vista users the default is the ‘download’ folder in Users Documents, for XP users the default is typically the desktop.

13) Once you have loaded the file - the application will tell you if you have been successful.

14) If you are successful - Please start your game.

15) If you are not successful - please email us the error code at errors@uniloc.com and we will continue to try and help you.

Thank you for your continued patience

Advertisement