Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been in briscoes lately?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 6:19pm

I just seen an ad in the paper. Apparently their deals are so good they wouldn't dare publish them (lol).

So yeah, Too lazy to actually go up myself, and was just wondering if anyone has been there recently? Do they actually have any good deals on? Or are they just embarrassed to publish their prices? :pac:

I'm considering getting a new TV, But i don't know if I'll bother or not. If i can get a decent price i may go for it, but the TV isn't essential by any stretch of the imagination, so im not gonna pay a fortune for one (although i imagine most stores will be swimming in and around the same prices for most products anyway)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Was up there last week and the prices of TV's seemed pretty keen. Might be worth a look. It was also very very quiet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭rdb666

I always put briscoes in the same league as Harvey normans ...a couple of months behind on their prices.
    Ive always used powercity as they are cheaper in the first place and you can haggle a bit with them.

example. LG 50 plasma I got last year

Harvey Normans - €1499
    Briscoes - € 1400
    Powercity - €1220 and got a half price wall bracket thrown in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Briscoes by the way charge you for "restocking" if you change your mind and/or there is a problem with your purchase and you have to bring it back.
    They refuse to budge on this issue (and are rude too about it) so my family and many of my friends avoid them like the plague.

We too go to Powercity instead from now on. Went to Briscoes for years - not any more.

rdb666 wrote: »
    Ive always used powercity as they are cheaper in the first place and you can haggle a bit with them.

Really? I've never been good with that. :(

I'm going to buy from Powercity though. anyone ever bought off their website and collected in-store?

If so, can i ask, do they take the payment from your credit card the minute you buy it online, or in the store?

Advertisement