Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adding to existing tattoos

Options
  • 07-01-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

I got a couple of tattoos about 7 or 8 years ago, one at the top of each arm, both very simple designs in black ink. I'm still happy with both, though I prefer one over the other.

I want to get another tattoo this year, pretty sure what I want but the problem is that it's totally different in style to what I already have. I'd prefer to get it on the top of one of my arms though, which means I'd need to make it work with what's already there.

This maybe a stupid question (apologies if so), but is this something I can expect a decent tattooist to work around? If I give him / her reference of what I wanted and where I wanted it, could I then expect them to offer a suggested design?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

No such thing as stupid questions, just stupid answers.

Yea, thats completly expected. You should have no problems once you find a good tattooist to have them work around existing pieces. They might suggest another suitable location, and input their ideas into yours. And you decide what you want.

Advertisement