Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy Night on BBC4

Options
  • 07-01-2009 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

8 pm The Sky at Night

9 pm Hubble Telescope Repeat of 2005 show marking 15 years of the telescope

10 pm Storyville: Blast! Documentary which follows the story of Mark Devlin and his team of scientists as they try to figure out how all the galaxies formed by launching a revolutionary new telescope under a NASA high-altitude balloon.

Their adventure takes them from Arctic Sweden to Inuit Canada, where failure forces the team to try again on the desolate ice of Antarctica. The obsessions, personal and family sacrifices, and philosophical and religious questioning of a professional scientist are all laid bare.

11.20 pm Timeshift: Star Men Amatuer stargazers and thier discoveries

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

is this radio 4 on is bbc 4 a tv channel?

I don't think have BBC 4 :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

BBC4 tv if you have Sky, you might be able to add it via other channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

mike65 wrote: »
    BBC4 tv if you have Sky, you might be able to add it via other channels?

on ntl found it hiding cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

I really enjoyed the Sky at Night episode about the history of the telescope.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Donegal_TDI

Great night's viewing in all,
    as well as sky at night, Patrick Moore appeared in the program about amateur astronomers, can never get enough of him and I often think how lucky we are to have such a man who dedicated most of his life to this wonderful interest. Hope he lives to 120.
    Makes we wonder though, who might pick up the gauntlet after his time?
    Perhaps his young apprentice?
    But he would need to develop some severe eccentricities to get the job :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement