Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

On a cold and frosty morning...

• 07-01-2009 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Went to Marlay Park this morning. Lovely conditions but absolutely freezing. I had the tripod in the car but left it there as i was afraid my fingers would stick to the legs!

Here's a few I got

IMG_4626.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_4639.JPG

IMG_4650.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

first is a great shot i.m.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

1 & 3 do it for me, makes me want to go out with the camera.... but its too cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Great shots :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭todolist

On a cold and frost morning another baby child was born in the getto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

no. 3 does it for me, the light on the leaf is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

#3 is great and I like #1 too. Well done for getting out in that cold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

yeah #1 is lovely and #3 is even more striking... could be a little sharper but that's picking hairs, I love the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Love #1. Where's that tree in the park?

Think that's my Saturday morning sorted. Hope it stays bright and chilly.
    I'll add a pic here if I have any success... or I'll just fade back into the shadows quietly :)

Good work. (btw did you get this on the way to work?)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Thanks Howitzer-thats my favourite tree in Marlay especially in winter. If you turn left from the car park and cross the bridge, you will see the tree almost directly ahead of you just at the start of the playing fields.

Not working today- was up there at 9am!

Look forward to seeing some pics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Did you try the first one in B & W, think it might work..
    Nice shot btw..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Thanks shepthedog. I'm only recently into the whole post processing bit and i've never done a black and white conversion. do think it might it might work as i think its more the tree and the lighting that are the main elements rather than the colour-thanks for the tip and will give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

First one is a stunner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1 & 3 for me too.
    I especially love the way #1 captures a quietness in such a wide open area. You could hear a pin drop effect springs to my mind when I look at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

Really like the first one

Advertisement