Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Areas in Finglas to avoid

Options
  • 07-01-2009 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Which houseing estates in Finglas should I avoid? i.e that are rough, full of knackers and unsafe to walk through/park your car in?

Also where is a safe place nearby I could park my car?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Why do you wanna park your car in Finglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

I don't want to, its not my choice but I have to do something there next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Read the 2nd post in the charter on here disssco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Read the 2nd post in the charter on here disssco.

was just about to link to it myself

I'm not turning this into a nothside vs southside/rich vs poor thread. I'm not saying that Finglas is a bad area. There is good and bad in every place. Not being familiar with Finglas I need to know what areas I should avoid if any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

disssco wrote: »
    I'm not turning this into a nothside vs southside/rich vs poor thread. I'm not saying that Finglas is a bad area. There is good and bad in every place. Not being familiar with Finglas I need to know what areas I should avoid if any.

Your not, but I'll eat my hat if someone else doesn't. Always happens in these types of threads.;)

Aye well hopefully it will remain civilized and polite.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Do you think knackers don't go into the "good" areas to rob a car?

jesus christ.

^Don't be an annoying idiot. Its important that I get a real answer.

Of course "knackers" travel to good areas to rob cars. Theres always a chance something will happen to your car wherever you park it.

I want to know are there any estate to avoid so that I'm not harassed and by young children, I don't have stuff thrown at my car, and my windows broken if I leave it unattended.

It does happen. Regularly. In every town of Ireland.

So please some helpful answers.
    Thanks.

So please some helpful answers.
    Thanks.

can you not get the bus?

• Advertisement

Thank you. It is an option, albeit an inconvenient one.

I hadn't actually thought of it. It is doable, but definitely would be far easier to take the car. I have to deliver items you see.

well if the items are bulky could you get a taxi and charge the 'customer' you are delivering to the fare

I'm putting flyers through letterboxes.

Yes I'm that guy that everybody hates. Are you happy now?:(

sorry mate i cant help you any further

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'm putting flyers through letterboxes.

Yes I'm that guy that everybody hates. Are you happy now?:(

Everyone has to make a living, especially in these times! Can't really help you on the Finglas area, I don't know it well enough.

sorry mate i cant help you any further

You can't help me because you can't, or because I once put a flyer through your letterbox too?

Why save the others? HELP ME or you will once again feel the wrath of junk mail man.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Okay.
    Avoid Berryfield and the immediate area including Kippure,Valeview and Virginia.
    Dont in a million years think of going near Hazelcroft either.You can get parking in finglas village beside the church)there are meters there),acrosss from the bottom of the hill pub(its likely to be full though),in Clearwater car park although i dont know how long you can stay there.
    Basicly most of finglas is safe enough,there are plenty of mature areas where you can park at the side of the road and you'll be fine.
    Avoid the newer estates that will tend to be crawling with kids,although a surprising number of them do go to school.
    oh yeah,Dunnes carpark on cardiffsbridge road is okay too.

^Thanks a million.

What leaflets are you delivering?

A few different ones, restaurants mainly. Why do you ask?

• Advertisement

A few different ones, restaurants mainly. Why do you ask?

Well some areas you'd be wasting your time with certain kinds of leaflets.
    A lot of finglas has over 60's,other parts are young professionals,others are just full of scum.
    Knowing who lives where and who's likely to buy what can save you lots of time and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

disssco - you're on a yellow card. Please read the charter before posting in future.
    "Northside v southside", "working class areas v middle class" areas, "best area", "worst area" type threads will no longer be permitted. They are totally pointless and not worth the hassle they cause.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement