Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if you fail a christmas exam or module?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hopefully it won't happen but if it does when do you repeat it and how much does it cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I tihnk it costs around 100 this covers all exams not per as exam as it is in other colleges.

Depending on your course it will probably be september when you repeat. Good luck and hope you dont have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

Thanks I hope so too!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Not trying to be funny but maybe you should do some study and leave boards til after the exams if you're worried? :confused: Good luck with your study and hope the exam goes well for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

Its like 50 euro and that if you have to repeat one exam or twenty exams. they are all at the end of august/start of sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭InTranceWeTrust

Another question re: failing here. What happens if you fail an essay that counts as 100%. Do you have until September to do a revised version of said essay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

It was €55 last year so probably €60 this year! Hopefully you won't have to, put all that stuff out of your mind until you get your results!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Another question re: failing here. What happens if you fail an essay that counts as 100%. Do you have until September to do a revised version of said essay?

Pretty sure thats up to the lecturer. With continous assessment they may or may not offer a repeat option. For example in first year in communications and personal development it was all CA and if you failed the essays your were given a repeat one to hand in in march and if you failed that you would have to repeat the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Gazza22 wrote: »
    It was €55 last year so probably €60 this year! Hopefully you won't have to, put all that stuff out of your mind until you get your results!

I'll be getting my moneys worth this year then! :D

Do they send the report to you in your term time address or to your parents house?

I definitely failed one. Pure laziness on the day of the exam plus a total failure to study that subject. I don't think this course is for me at all, I've no interest in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Eh your in college now, tell the parents to bite a lemon if they open their mouth.

What course ya doing disssco?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RobH

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Eh your in college now, tell the parents to bite a lemon if they open their mouth.

Unless they're the ones forking out the €850 odd for registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Eeep. Didn't think of that. Well surely his parents wont open mail addressed to him anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

Having been in a college that didn't send out reports I can say that for first year students in particular, the fear of a report being sent home is a good incentive to study :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Lab tests and all get carried forward dont they??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Does anyone know when exam results are out??

RobH wrote: »
    Unless they're the ones forking out the €850 odd for registration.

Thats why I feel like I at least owe them not to fail!

But I know what you mean sunnyjim, to take the viewpoint of a hormone ridden teenager - **** them telling me what to do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

How do they give you the results? via email or do they just tell you??.. Im in viscom so i'd no exams just all continuous assessment before Christmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 STOKESY_01

You repeat in August and as said above think its €100 to do all the tests from Semester 1 and 2

Advertisement