Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

router not connecting to exchange...

Options
  • 07-01-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

hi all,

i have bt broadband and phone.all worked well for the last 2 years.Since December 26th my broadband will not work.
    i took my laptop and router round the corner to my parents house,also on bt, and it logged on using my equipment and username/password.
    i tried other routers and laptops in my own house-none worked.
    i tried all the obvious ideas. used all the phone sockets,with filters and without.reset routers over and over(thanks bt support.....)
    i have even hooked up a new connection just where the phone wire(about 20 years old/brown box)comes inside the front door.still will not connect to net.
    my router has shown a solid dsl light all along. the line has been tested/cleared twice at the exchange....
    i have even tried using different password usernames,supplied by bt support.

when i do set up a router it lets me enter username and password but when i click on connect it just bounces back to autodetecting page or the same one.

i also heard today,but am not a 100% sure of it yet, that a person about 5 minutes from my house has had the same problem since December 26th....

any ideas folks?

ta muchly, K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

The only thing I can think of is a possible DNS error, check your modems DNS settings and check them with BT, otherwise there must be a line problem. Also, post your line sync stats so we can see if that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭kindalen

thanks,

will try and see if i can find answers to your questions(not very tech savvy).
    will be tomorrow before i can post back,thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

I had this exact problem ( with eircom ) , I had to get a new router , all fine now, how old is your router?

its about 2 years old,am waiting on a new one to be delivered.tried another one and it didnt work either.hop to have new one this evening.

also how do i find out my line sync stats?

Never had a Cable Modem myself but if you log into it I guess it my be under Diagnostic or something similar.

• Advertisement

got line tested at my house.all good on the line. surely it must be a problem with their server?

Post the line sync stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mossyd

Make sure you are getting the lates router they have, and not just a replacement of the same model you have (might be an old one)

Did you find out if your neighbour has the same prob for sure? If they do, it must be a BT issue.

Also, your router etc worked at home home .. did you try using the router that is working at home home in the house you have the problem in? If that doesn't work, go bacl to provider.

Just some ideas to keep you thinking :)

Advertisement