Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Options
  • 07-01-2009 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

i know it's a bit early but i'm such a romantic and this time of year i get all excited bout vday.

i got my man's vday pressie a few months ago. this year i felt like i didn't want a surprise on what he was going ot do for me so i helped him plan it. we are heading to london for 2 nights and girls if only you knew where he is taking me for dinner on that night. ... only one of gordon rampsey's restaraunts:)

do ye like to be surprised or like to think of something together??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

A date :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

mollybird wrote: »
    i know it's a bit early

More than a bit early! lol

this year's one is going to be crap, so i might just stay out of this thread now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Twee. wrote: »

pm sent. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i know it's a bit early but i'm such a romantic and this time of year i get all excited bout vday.

i got my man's vday pressie a few months ago. this year i felt like i didn't want a surprise on what he was going ot do for me so i helped him plan it. we are heading to london for 2 nights and girls if only you knew where he is taking me for dinner on that night. ... only one of gordon rampsey's restaraunts:)

do ye like to be surprised or like to think of something together??

don't know, don't care
    might do dinner if he's over here
    same as we'd do any time

what do you surprise him with anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Curl into the foetal position and hope to God I go the day without crying of loneliness.

Or just watch television. The latter being the most likely to happen, unless I lose the remote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

bet i'll be working. thats about it i'd say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

ditto - dunno if it'll happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

On the plus point....i will be away in England playing rugby the weekend of Valentine's this year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Goin on my friends hen wknd! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

large-antiv.jpg
    Valentines Day, serious business.

Bit of a love/hate relationship with Valentines, amongst my mates anyway it always shows the madly in love from the plain mad. 'Heres a card, dont expect anything for 360odd days because nobody told me I owed you anything' etc. On the other hand, you sometimes hear great plans like mollybird. I don't buy the 'but if you've no cash,a card is all you can do'. Its the spending time with the significant other that makes the day, if its a Dart or an Aeroplane is irrelevant.

My old pair don't do anything on valentines day really, beyond tokenistic stuff, but go out all the time, which I think is worth much more.

If a young 'un was unlucky enough to have me around valentines day, I'd probably fly off to Edinburgh or something for it. Something about flying away for Valentines thats actually a bit exciting, shared adventures and all that. I'd obviously bring her too, I wouldn't go on my own :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

pm sent. :)

Score!

On topic, if I did have someone to spend it with, I'd like to go somewhere, even as close as London, to get away from other people. Be anon for day!

On topic, if I did have someone to spend it with, I'd like to go somewhere, even as close as London, to get away from other people. Be anon for day!

I'd say the Sahara desert is pretty quiet.

that Yes Man film convinced me theres nothing more romantic than flying away from it all.

I imagine its an especially brilliant feeling when the girl you're bringing is Zooey Deschanel :cool: But sure. I also noticed they didn't have to check in 2 hours early, pay mad money for crap food, and get delayed on the runway....but still.

City visits FTW.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

PrivateEye wrote: »
    that Yes Man film convinced me theres nothing more romantic than flying away from it all.

I imagine its an especially brilliant feeling when the girl you're bringing is Zooey Deschanel :cool: But sure. I also noticed they didn't have to check in 2 hours early, pay mad money for crap food, and get delayed on the runway....but still.

City visits FTW.

Slightly Completely OT, but I can strongly recommend the book the film is based on, it's by Danny Wallace and is highly entertaining.

Zaph wrote: »
    Slightly Completely OT, but I can strongly recommend the book the film is based on, it's by Danny Wallace and is highly entertaining.

Agreed.

Yeah, my mate said the same and said it didn't quite live up in her eyes? Meh, thats off topic completely now.

Returning to Valentines day:

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/value.jpg
    = No no. Even in a recession.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Jaysus I looked and initially thought 'victory in Europe' day? Why would you want to do anything for that?

Then I saw it was in the ladies lounge and thought 'vagina day'... hmm wonder when thats on.

So yeah, its a big day in my calendar obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Flights booked:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭CeilingCat

I always slag Vday off and go on about consumerism blah blah, and then end up in a scramble to organise something at the last minute :o

This year I'll be gloriously single, so it'll be nice not to have to worry about it.... usually though my ideal Vday would be something a bit different, depends on the gentleman in question... I remember when I was very young I did a picnic with lots of home made fancy scoffs for my then bf, and got him to meet me at a park we used to go for walks in.... he was all delighted bless his little cotton socks.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Came in here wondering wtf is a "vday"?

sorry I did :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,460 ✭✭✭✭fits

Abigayle wrote: »
    Came in here wondering wtf is a "vday"?

snap :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Just another day of the year

Same thing that happens every other day...

Nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Sex. Surprise no one else has said it, but that's great any day of the year so. Or, if that doesn't happen, have a great evening out with my lady friends, and probably extensively discuss how much boys suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Few nights away in a lovely hotel... oh wait, we can do that any time. In fact we're doing it the weekend after next.

Dudess wrote: »
    Few nights away in a lovely hotel... oh wait, we can do that any time. In fact we're doing it the weekend after next.

Way to make all of us single biddies jealous. :mad::mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Will be visiting the erasmussing OH in either Antwerp or Den Haag. Will be great to see her, she leaves in just over 2 weeks and she won't be back until June! :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I'm going to lineup with all the miserable people and say that I'll be crying tears into a bottle of lonliness....again.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Dudess wrote: »

Man, I wish I had the time for doing stuff like that
    *ponders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Meh, people can be miserable about being single any day of the year. Ditto re doing nice stuff with their significant other.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I don't get this misery thing. I love Valentine's day for the Vagina Monologues and because it's cute and pink with lots of hearts. (I wish I were joking about that.) Just because you aren't in love doesn't make it any less special, imo.

Advertisement