Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

fits wrote: »
    J

Then I saw it was in the ladies lounge and thought 'vagina day'... hmm wonder when thats on.

I wondered if I was the only one.:)

On Valentines day I will be reflecting on the many reasons why I don't have a boyfriend, possibly before crying myself to sleep. Or maybe I'll go skiing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Well being a bloke everything being pink and lovehearts doesn't make it any more special. Sh1t, I just checked. It's going to be an a saturday this year. Guess I'll just go on the sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Its my oh birthday, so we'll be marking that occasion rather than valentines day, I hope.

going away for the weekend, only to somewhere in Ireland to spend time with each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I shall be in the final stages of my (carefully planned) firebomb campaign of Hallmark hq and all the card shops that fill their windows with cutesy teddy bears.

Hmmm, there's some banging on the door.....oh, look - the room has filled up with men in black, shouting about being gardai and i should step away from the computer. They want to know where i hid the explosives...

Well, depending on how long this investigation takes i may have the company of lots of men in uniform on Feb 14th, or the nice women of Mountjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ask myself why a wedding anniversary, birthday and Christmas (and numerous random romantic days throughout the year) will not suffice?

Then try and muster the courage to ignore it once and for all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

The Saint wrote: »
    Guess I'll just go on the sauce.
    *high fives*

Wish I could give the wimmens here some disgruntled story line bout how I was forgotten, or disappointed but it wouldnt be true.

If truth be told, I find it awkward and annoying. For those of you who dont, why wait for one day what you can say / do all year round. Why not save ourselves the annual fake suprise, and donate directly to hallmark, interflora, lily o briens and whatever random hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Just remember that it's my birthday the day before. Looks like I'll be nursing a hangover on Valentines day while crying into my bottle of lonliness. Sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

God knows, hopefully shall just stay in and snuggle up. I dislike valentine's day now. Last year I had a wonderful one and was dumped 3 days after. The year before that I stayed in with ice cream and Love Actually and cried over an ex!

Everyone loves Valentines Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

wishing my mum happy birthday...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's my nephews birthday so i'm going to be there as there will probably be bouncy castle and cake.

screw all that lovey dovey crap who'd want that over bouncy castle and cake.

bouncy castle and cake > all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

it's my nephews birthday so i'm going to be there as there will probably be bouncy castle and cake.

screw all that lovey dovey crap who'd want that over bouncy castle and cake.

bouncy castle and cake > all.

Bouncy castles win! I want a bouncy castle now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

cuckoo wrote: »
    I shall be in the final stages of my (carefully planned) firebomb campaign of Hallmark hq and all the card shops that fill their windows with cutesy teddy bears.

Hmmm, there's some banging on the door.....oh, look - the room has filled up with men in black, shouting about being gardai and i should step away from the computer. They want to know where i hid the explosives...

Well, depending on how long this investigation takes i may have the company of lots of men in uniform on Feb 14th, or the nice women of Mountjoy.

ha ha brilliant!!! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

This post has been deleted.

+1 Id like to go away for Vday. Although Im not particularly pushed if its valentines day when I go away. At the end of the day its one day out of a whole year. Ive plenty of other chances to show how much I love my other half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'll probably spend a lot of the day working up a heavy sweat, take some intermittent breaks for refeeding and rehydrating, have some laughs and some chats, push myself and my partner to the brink and pull back before getting over-tired, then rest a little before starting all over again.

I'll spend most of the day in the gym - I'll be recovering from my first competition of the year the previous weekend and preparing for the Nationals a few weeks later. There may/ may not be some romantic added extras later in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

g'em wrote: »
    I'll probably spend a lot of the day working up a heavy sweat, take some intermittent breaks for refeeding and rehydrating, have some laughs and some chats, push myself and my partner to the brink and pull back before getting over-tired, then rest a little before starting all over again.

I'll spend most of the day in the gym - I'll be recovering from my first competition of the year the previous weekend and preparing for the Nationals a few weeks later. There may/ may not be some romantic added extras later in the evening.

Lol - keep us posted about that best of luck with all the sweating..

I think someone should orgainise single night! :D
    Be the same as any other day of the year for me - probably stay in, glass of wine maybe 2 and chat on boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

no clue. wont be anywehre near my fella anyway, so whatever i was doing before htat. ill possibly be lodging with a couple, so staying outta their hair, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm going to Vanuatu around Valentines day. I'm going to be lyig on a white sandy beach, looking out at a tropical island and sipping drinks out of coconuts. It'll be the best!

We're not going because it's vday though. We don't celebrate it, it just happened the dates worked out that way!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i will having a black tie dinner party in my house for 6 couples and a single friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

i will having a black tie dinner party in my house for 6 couples and a single friend

Gotta feel sorry for the single friend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

g'em wrote: »

Bah! Promised so much, delivered so little. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Last year sucked, woke up with a horrific hangover, was planning on sleeping in but an ex sent flowers (not so 'awww', he's a bad man.) which woke me up early, went to lectures and whatnot. I'm not a very romantic person anymore, that died with my ability to love :p <emo>

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Thank feck it's on a Saturday this year.
    Means I won't have to squander lots of dosh on sending flowers to her workplace and can pick them up cheap on Grafton St instead!
    w00t!! :D

I bet the florist will feel it this year!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Gotta feel sorry for the single friend.

Why? we all hang out together anyway ?

Why? we all hang out together anyway ?

shes/hes single gong to a dinner party on valintines with 6 couples.......think about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

(S)he doesn't have to feel miserable - sure, (s)he can let her/himself cave into the idea that if you're single you're a loser/to be pitied... or, (s)he can have fun with her/his friends.

Dudess wrote: »
    (S)he doesn't have to feel miserable - sure, (s)he can let her/himself cave into the idea that if you're single you're a loser/to be pitied... or, (s)he can have fun with her/his friends.

agreed :)....

but its when your alone and you start to think it can be a bit saddening ......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

nothing im sure! im actually the last single person of my female friends so im guessing ill be lonely somewhere.. or else in the pub with the lads like a usual saturday night.

being single & not getting a card is a much better option than having a bf & not getting a card.. :o (last yr - stupid boy. im not even mad about vday, all i wanted was a feckin card) i reckon i was far more upset last yr about not even getting the day acknowledged than id ever be about being single on vday, so maybe its safer being on my own :p

cant say ive ever had an exciting/interesting/romantic vday, maybe thats why im so uninterested in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Considering Christmas, his birthday, our anniversary and Valentines are all within 2 months of eachother I think we have enough on our plate. I'd be very happy with just a card and a rose like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Yeah, my mate said the same and said it didn't quite live up in her eyes? Meh, thats off topic completely now.

Returning to Valentines day:

http://bigrab.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/value.jpg
    = No no. Even in a recession.

lol. very good. :)
    and since i work in a tesco store i would get a 10% discount on that is well:P

Advertisement