Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭sc9736

well managed to get Valentines weekend off so hoping to be brought away somewhere nice, its my birthday on the 15th so expensive time for the DH!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

Make love ;)

Ideally it would be spent having hours of athletic sex with a tireless and willing partner, but it would seem that I will just be (hopefully) having hours of athletic skiing with a tired and reluctant friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

hhhmmmmmmmm i love valentines day!!!!!

last year we went out for one of these 'special valentines night' meals that have offers etc..what a load of s***e!!

- completly overpriced
    - wasnt that nice at all
    - setting in the restaurant was all wrong - no dimmed ights/ nothing romantic about it.

the year before we had a similiar situation.

if going for a meal i would advise going somewhere you have been before with the romantic aspect to it. that way you know the quality of food you are going to get plus you know the average price etc..

to answer the question: i would love a bunch of flowers, and something other than a chain - i have WAAAAAY to many. in the past 4 years i have got 6+ chains from the OH and i already have a collection of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Valentine's day has been cancelled this year ladies, due to the current economic climate. ;)
    Dudess wrote: »
    Actually it's not that I hate it, I just think it's hilariously pathetic.

+1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

The BF is in Liverpool for college/work... flying over on the friday eve, flight gets in at 23:30.....hopefully I'll be at his at midnight!!!such an exciting surprise. I've arranged it all with his flatmates to make sure he is in.. and not with his l'pool gf ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ah class hold my hand. he will be well chuffed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭holdmyhand?

thats the plane hopefully!! although its not really for V day its just to see him (did he really think i could go 3 months without ya no what!!!)

I think V day is nice when its not expensive and your doing something ya both enjoy instead of giving presents and doing things ya think ya should be doing.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'd just be happy to be with my boyfriend, but more than likely I won't be, so will spend the night with my flatmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I never do anything on Valentine's day, hate it. Means much more to me that we do nice things for each other throughout the year, not just because Hallmark says to.

But this year we have been invited to a wedding on the 14th :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭AnnieB82

I would just love to be surprised - even if it's just a sweet card, or a small token. My partner is not great at being discreet, whereas I try so hard to make any gifts a big surprise for him. Ah well he has a heart of gold, can't complain too much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Wink

I'm going to be in Rome for the six nations match, OH is staying at home. You know what, I can't wait!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

No plans for V day as of yet, and chances are likely it will stay that way. I don't have anything against V day. I think it's nice if couples want to celebrate it in whatever way they choose. But I also don't feel the need to compensate for the fact that I'm single, like some (mostly ladies) do, and throw singles parties or anti-V day parties or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I think I'll head to Lidl and buy myself some yellow and red/purple tulips (oh how I love them, we have bunches in vases in the front porch at the moment and they're the prettiest things ever), get a chinese and watch a rom-com with my duvet. Either that, or as it'll be a saturday night, head out on the town with the girlies for some good craic.

I like valentines. The sad fact is lots of people DON'T say how much they care about the people who matter to them enough. Nobody says you have to buy into the whole Hallmark card bigger than your front door and bankrupting valentine's pressies, but you can still have a fun day where you make a point of actually making the people who matter to you feel a little bit more special than usual.

I guess as long as you don't take it too seriously and just enjoy it it doesn't really matter what you do, single or not. I'm cynical most of the rest of the year, I like being fluffy at valentines.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭shellz

I'm having a first date tomorrow so not really thinking about Valentine's Day - should I ask him what he'd like to do? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

i will having a black tie dinner party in my house for 6 couples and a single friend
    Gotta feel sorry for the single friend.

Of the 13 people attending the dinner party, he will be the the one most likely there because he wants to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

Historically I have been very giving on Vday, even as a singleton.

You can't spell VDay without VD.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Cathkins

We'll be just after a ball, holiday and birthday so I imagine Valentines Day might be fairly low key but sweet - going to his, making him dinner and dessert and snuggling up to movie together sounds like a perfect option as neither of us buy into the card/flowers dealio :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I'm not actually expecting this to be eventful they never are but I like them that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

One of the only single people I know so I have everything planned:
    -Up early
    -Find suitable bottle of strong alceehol
    -Crawl under blanket with above bottle
    -Make sure no light can get in-
    -Shout random obcenities at anyone who dares disturb my loneliness:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

the same as last year....

A curry and a Riode!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

But I also don't feel the need to compensate for the fact that I'm single, like some (mostly ladies) do, and throw singles parties or anti-V day parties or whatever.
    Yeah, that's kinda as pathetic as treating Valentine's Day as this big deal with your partner (when you could do that any day - and with more of a personal touch and sincerity than going along with the crowd and being dictated to by various companies). It's supposed to say "listen up, all you single ladies! Let's show 'em how feisty and independent we are by having an anti Valentine's get-together. Yeah, we don't need a man - and we're gonna sock it to all those pitiful ladies who do" - translated as "We're really resentful and bitter about being single".

Kinda the premise on which the entire series of Sex & The City is based...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Dudess wrote: »
    Yeah, that's kinda as pathetic as treating Valentine's Day as this big deal with your partner (when you could do that any day - and with more of a personal touch and sincerity than going along with the crowd and being dictated to by various companies). It's supposed to say "listen up, all you single ladies! Let's show 'em how feisty and independent we are by having an anti Valentine's get-together. Yeah, we don't need a man - and we're gonna sock it to all those pitiful ladies who do" - translated as "We're really resentful and bitter about being single".

Kinda the premise on which the entire series of Sex & The City is based...

I can see where your coming from but at the same day its a day just for couples and I can see how single people (wimminz) would feel excluded, so why not throw a party or whatever with friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Well it makes sense to do that this year when it's a Saturday, but why go to the trouble of it's on a week night when you wouldn't be going out anyway? And why have the anti-Valentine's theme going on? I know it's often only a bit of fun, but sometimes it reeks of major bitterness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

I agree that calling it 'Anti-Valentines' seems a bit bitter. Better to just call it Singles party or something. Or better yet a 'Love yourself party'. Youd have people turning up at the door with vibrators and the like :pac:
    Why not? Theres no 'singles day' AFAIK so let the singles join in.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

it's clearly steak&bj day we need to be planning for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Give some young one a good seeing too! Nah, I'l probably just go on a session!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Quality wrote: »
    the same as last year....

A curry and a Riode!!!

... and look where that got you! :P

How is babs, by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

Dont really care what we do as long as i get to see himself, not really into the whole going for meals thing so thats out anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Don't care as long as it's something. Didn't do it last year due to being busy, really regretted it after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

tbh, not putting a killjoy on the day or anything for you guys you clearly like it, but VDay to me is seriously overratted, and to me seem like forced romance people do it (the gifts and all that crap) because they feel like they have to , not because the want to !

id prefer a gesture or a gift or watever anyother day of the year other than VDay and yes i would appreciate it much much more.

Advertisement