Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

Course it's over rated. But it's not forced romance. It's an opportunity for romance, like a birthday or anniversary.

Me and the boyfriend wouldn't do the cards or cheesy gifts, just spend the evening loved up.

Any excuse for that is a-okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

emo!! wrote: »
    tbh, not putting a killjoy on the day or anything for you guys you clearly like it, but VDay to me is seriously overratted, and to me seem like forced romance people do it (the gifts and all that crap) because they feel like they have to , not because the want to !

id prefer a gesture or a gift or watever anyother day of the year other than VDay and yes i would appreciate it much much more.

Ok whats the most romantic thing some ones done for you ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

there is things that i wont go into there , but there not big mad over the top , dozen roses, cards and all that crap noooo.. i wouldnt want that because i just feel its forced romance and just cause it the 14th of feb he fells obliged to do so !!

one of the nicest things everydone of me was by pure fluke and it will always stick out in my mind..

all im trying to get at is Why does everyone think the have to profess there love or whatver to someone on the 14 of feb, why not make that gesture of showing it when you feel it , not when you think you have to , just incase the oh might get pissed she didnt get a card or what not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Quality wrote: »
    the same as last year....

A curry and a Riode!!!

Spicey!!!!

one of the nicest things everydone of me was by pure fluke and it will always stick out in my mind..

You can't just put it out there and then drop it.
    Give us details!

Some men need an excuse and the knowledge that the rest of the herd are suffering too to be romantic.
    Some women might consider that better than nothing.

For me Valentines is all about the gorilla memorobillia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

What I would like - to be intimate with my hubby all day! What will probably happen: will get up late after being intimate then have a romantic lunch after getting flowers from him (and a card, we exchange cards but we always end up getting more than one for each other as we like the funny ones but also the romantic ones)...then have a romantic dinner later and maybe some more fun...he is not getting a present on valentines day as we are saving for a bigger present for his bd.

We are always romantic together, it is just nice to make a huge fuss now and then...

Moonbaby wrote: »
    You can't just put it out there and then drop it.
    Give us details!

Some men need an excuse and the knowledge that the rest of the herd are suffering too to be romantic.
    Some women might consider that better than nothing.

For me Valentines is all about the gorilla memorobillia.
    but why its something personal , it wasnt done because he had to(ie being the 14th of feb), it was done because he wanted to .

but why its something personal , it wasnt done because he had to(ie being the 14th of feb), it was done because he wanted to .

Ahh I wasn't being strictly serious.
    I get too personal....that is cool.

thats cool i see your point like.... but what i will say is some people dont do it because its forced, but because, it's tradition and they want to granted for some it would be forced, but for me its a mission to be creative to be a smart ass to think of something totally origanal, which i like :)....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Doesn't get much more romantic than a romantic exam with hundreds of other students in the RDS.

Then maybe see boyfriend later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Poccington

CathyMoran wrote: »
    What I would like - to be intimate with my hubby all day! What will probably happen: will get up late after being intimate then have a romantic lunch after getting flowers from him (and a card, we exchange cards but we always end up getting more than one for each other as we like the funny ones but also the romantic ones)...then have a romantic dinner later and maybe some more fun...he is not getting a present on valentines day as we are saving for a bigger present for his bd.

We are always romantic together, it is just nice to make a huge fuss now and then...

I think you hit the nail on the head there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We'll probably do a romantic night in... going out on Valentine's is a nightmare.

thats cool i see your point like.... but what i will say is some people dont do it because its forced, but because, it's tradition and they want to granted for some it would be forced, but for me its a mission to be creative to be a smart ass to think of something totally origanal, which i like :)....
    i undestand that i do !!

but why does it have to be on the 14th of feb! that just what i dont get!! annoies me when im in work and see people getting flower delivered left right and center and other people getting upset that they didnt get any ! what the point like!

i undestand that i do !!

but why does it have to be on the 14th of feb! that just what i dont get!! annoies me when im in work and see people getting flower delivered left right and center and other people getting upset that they didnt get any ! what the point like!

I agree but like thats when saint cupid valintine decied the 14 of febuary will be the day i let people stick arrows in peoples butts :D....

As for the forced things I think a lot of guys wont show there romantic side, as its not very macho your a wuss etc... But romance can make something thats good a hole lot better and I think any way why not show some one your all loved up that she/he is spechil to them that they are apricated regardless of date......

But thats the world we live in I guess....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

For Valentines day this year I would like to be asked out ,just so for once I am not by myself on Valentines. Unfortunatly,like Chritmas, the run up to Valentines can be difficult when everyone is buying present for loved ones etc etc and you can feel a bit lonely. Boo-urns to smug,kissey couples,I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'll probably be on my own too as the other half will more than likely have to work :( I'm not big into the day really, we usually just do cards and maybe something small, but it'd be nice to head out for dinner or something. Ah well, maybe next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I'm hoping to spend the day with himself. At that stage we'll have spent more than a month apart and seeing him will be my present :)

A.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

You can't beat a good night in with your boyfriend and a DVD, although we seem to be doing that a lot lately... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

there is things that i wont go into there , but there not big mad over the top , dozen roses, cards and all that crap noooo.. i wouldnt want that because i just feel its forced romance and just cause it the 14th of feb he fells obliged to do so !!

all im trying to get at is Why does everyone think the have to profess there love or whatver to someone on the 14 of feb, why not make that gesture of showing it when you feel it , not when you think you have to , just incase the oh might get pissed she didnt get a card or what not

cause some guys don't do it during the year. is the reason im thinking. my guy rarely tells me he loves me (it's a thing he has) and has never given me flowers during the year. that is why i like to milk it on that day. and any excuse to see him in his louis suit:)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

I'll be with my bf 5 years on valentines :o
    We've no plans really for valentines this year, more so coz I hate going out for it, waaaaayyyyy too many ppl! We'll just stay in and have a romantic ;) evening!!
    We've been living together the past 2 and half and he does all the cooking (I haven't a clue!) so I think I'll cook for him on vday, I've no clue what though haha I'll have to give my ma a ring!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

I'll probably have to work so I'll attempt to have a fun night by flirting with as many girls with bf's as possible* lol.

*not true

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Apparently I'm being taken to dinner- how exciting! Taking him to a film beforehand. Anyone know of any nice restaurants in Dublin City that would be doing Valentine's Day specials?*

*Extra good if there is ambient lighting, soft music and heart-shaped balloons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Piste wrote: »
    Apparently I'm being taken to dinner- how exciting! Taking him to a film beforehand. Anyone know of any nice restaurants in Dublin City that would be doing Valentine's Day specials?*

*Extra good if there is ambient lighting, soft music and heart-shaped balloons.

All of them?

Get booking. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

We're heading down to five star hotel in cork and going to fota wildlife park and the donkey sanctuary, we love animals so will be great fun!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I had no intention of doing anything this Valentines, because it's a money making scheme and just super cheesey.
    Then my bf started making plans because he thought that that's what I wanted (I hadn't vocalised anything at this stage), but bless him, he was trying to be very sweet about it. So I just told him we'd do something small, so no massive dinner, night of passion or anything.
    No thanks.

I plan to give her a "gift real special"

dick_in_a_box.png

Tbh I find Vday to be just another fad, wrecks my head. That said, we rented a hotel room for the night! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

I don't really like going out on Valentines Day so myself and my bf never normally go out on the night. This year we're going for our babies first scan on the 12th so we've booked dinner for that night as our Valentines night. I'm kinda looking forward to it now :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭smares

I would love to do something romantic or even just have a really nice night out together,but my boyfriend like most men is not really into valentines so probably won't be doing a whole lot:(

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

smares wrote: »
    I would love to do something romantic or even just have a really nice night out together,but my boyfriend like most men is not really into valentines so probably won't be doing a whole lot:(

Why don't you just do something romantic and have a nice night out another night then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

Me and the gf are going to "celebrate" V-Day on the Thursday before. We figured it'd be nicer as it might feel like we're not in a mass of couples.
    I'm bringing her out to a restaurant, and then I really need to figure out what to do after that...
    On Saturday she's working (in Sligo) but eh I have a bit of a surprise in my head :p
    any "surprise" will happen AFTER Saturday's football

Advertisement