Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what would you like to do for vday this year??

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

I would like to be in the same country as the OH but thats not goin to happen .. proberbly just aswell, cause he never remembers, no card even.

Its a bit disappointing when other guys go to so much effort.. :(

lads who are posting here, have you been trained to be so considerate or were you just born with the 'thoughtful' gene? lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

*Dallas wrote: »
    have you been trained to be so considerate or were you just born with the 'thoughtful' gene? lol :D

Basic fear, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭halfinch

Im not into the red roses and ginormious cards but if the time can be put aside for the two of ye to spend an evening together, then enjoy it x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

We havn't planned anything for sure yet just know me and the bf are spending the day together. Have really wanted a visit to the zoo lately so might suggest that (weather depending..) bit different! :) We havn't been together that long so just want a nice "us" day rather than really heavy romantic stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭livindadream

ah i just found out u can send question type texts to 11850...i texted "where will i find someone for valentines?!" and i got such a nice text back! "you can ask ur friend to be ur date on valetines, if u dont have someone special, though its not too late to keep looking. thank you" ahh

though, this saturday im heading to a traffic light ball...green for single, orange for seeing someone and red for taken!

most nights should be like this, would be easier!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

halfinch wrote: »
    Im not into the red roses and ginormious cards but if the time can be put aside for the two of ye to spend an evening together, then enjoy it x
    This pretty much what I'm going for as well.. we're not going to do anything in particular and I'm not expecting cards or presents (he bought me a lightbulb yesterday that I'd needed for ages and said "Happy Valentine's Day", that'll do me grand!) but it'll be nice to spend some qualiteee time together. Sunday is our some month or other anniversary so we're planning to go for dinner then. (We don't celebrate every month, that'd be a bit scary! But we've had a bit of a rough time lately and want to celebrate things getting back on track.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

ha, got my v-day planned. gonna send a card to a mate whose ma used to send her cards every year, but died at xmas, then gonna do nothing, then me, a mate and my fella are gonna settle down to a few dirnks and watch little miss sunshine.

perfect day in, i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Going to see Slumdog Millionaire, followed by food and drinks - should be a nice night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ha, got my v-day planned. gonna send a card to a mate whose ma used to send her cards every year, but died at xmas, then gonna do nothing, then me, a mate and my fella are gonna settle down to a few dirnks and watch little miss sunshine.

perfect day in, i reckon.
    little miss sunshine rawks !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

emo!! wrote: »
    little miss sunshine rawks !:D
    I found that film really depressing...very sad film imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i found it lifechangingly uplifting.

but then, im from a really fcuked up background... i could relate to more of the characters than a sane person should be able to, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

Hey ladies, what would you suggest buying for a 5 month relationship? I went and bought a World War dvd cuz he likes that stuff, but thinking I'll look a right fool givin it 2 him now!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Nothing major here at all, just spending time with the OH will be great.

Sheer us time :D

Always something to enjoy, he might get breakfast in bed if he is good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭piscean

Hey ladies, what would you suggest buying for a 5 month relationship? I went and bought a World War dvd cuz he likes that stuff, but thinking I'll look a right fool givin it 2 him now!!!

I'm sure he'll love it - at least you bought him something he'll like and its a personal pressie.
    You could buy him an engraved zippo lighter (only messing);)

Advertisement