Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Fifa game unreadable?

• 07-01-2009 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Got Fifa 09 and an Xbox 360 for Christmas and up until Monday, was having absolutley no problems with either. On Monday, the same day I connected set up my Xbox live and subsequently got that new download/update thing, I've been having problems with only Fifa 09. All other games are working fine.

The disc is relatively clean, and any slight scratches on it are from the Xbox and not me. I bareley get to the main menu screen without the message

"The disc is unreadable. Take it out and clean with a soft cloth etc etc.."

I'm looking for you opinions as to what I can do. Can I take the disc back and get a new one or are there any other options? I'm new to the Xbox scene so not sure if I've any other options. Is it the Xbox? The new update?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

when/where did you buy it? i had mine a week and it was scratched by my xbox with a perfect ring around the underside of the disc. bought it in xtra-vision and the exchanged it on the spot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

I'd say bring the game back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Chance bringing it back if you have the receipt. The worst they can say is no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

If you get no joy, rent or borrow a copy and load it to the HDD then use the borked one to launch it, thats what i have been doing since mine got chewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

bennyc wrote: »
    If you get no joy, rent or borrow a copy and load it to the HDD then use the borked one to launch it, thats what i have been doing since mine got chewed.

Might try this.

Bit of a stupid moment. I compared the back of the 2 games I had today and noticed a big circular ring on my Fifa disc that wasn't on the others (i assumed it was a groove on all games). I took it up tot them and the said they couldn't do anything about it and I'd have to send it away or ring the support line.

Whats the best I can hope for by ringing them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Those Disk Repair Machines in GAME work wonders. I had one of those rings around My Rock Band. I just brought it in and they ran it through. 15 mins later - TaDa! It worked.

im...LOST wrote: »
    Those Disk Repair Machines in GAME work wonders. I had one of those rings around My Rock Band. I just brought it in and they ran it through. 15 mins later - TaDa! It worked.

Which GAME did ya go to to get this done!? The fella I talked to today never mentioned anything about this!

Also out of curiosity, what can I expect from calling the Xbox support line? A replaced game or what? After all twasn't me that scratched it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

hello,
    i seem to remember someone telling me once that ea sports will replace ANY game for 10 quid. You just send back the scratched game plus 10 quid and they send you out a new one. Google it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

SRFC90 wrote: »
    Also out of curiosity, what can I expect from calling the Xbox support line?

Ah I'd say you should be ringing EA Sports support, not Xbox support, otherwise they'd get loads of calls every day to replace scratched discs. I'd say its the responsibility of the supplier, so your best bet is to ring EA. Theres a number at the back of the manual.

If you don't get any joy, just start getting angry, and say something like, "if the lifespan of your games are 2 weeks, then i wouldn't buy another EA sports game again", say it was a Christmas present for your brother or whatever and after paying 50 quid, you expect better.

Just demand a replacement, or if that doesn't work and they won't replace it and your stuck with the disc, then try the GAME disc repairer thing. At that stage it doesn't matter if it completely ruins your disc....

Would renting or borrowing another Fifa 09 disc, installing that to the hardrive, then using my own disc to launch it work?

Most of the time I manage to get to that screen where ya doss about with Ronaldinho, but only then she fails.

The disc was bought after all so I wouldn't be screwing them over!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement