Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wire - Seasons 1 - 3 @ €10 each, Season 4 @ €12 [BangCD]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

DVDCrave are a top quality outfit. I used to order all my console games from them years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Talisman wrote:
    DVDCrave are a top quality outfit. I used to order all my console games from them years ago.
    They had a big security breach last year in which a load of their customers credit card details were leaked..

.. a lot of consumers haven't trusted them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭LeoGilly

Is this site reliable. Not too much security on their site. Especially with the credit card details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Got an email from Dvdcrave today saying that season 2 is out of stock and that the suppliers think they will be back in stock on the 22nd, they seem to be waiting to ship them all together so looks like I won't be getting anything fast..

I cancelled mine with them Redisle because they appeared to be Region 4 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Still waiting on mine from BangCd. Estimated shipping date was the 5th Jan, so I popped them a mail.
    They got back within a couple of hours to say they were out of stock and expecting delivery to their distribution centre within 14 days. I was given the option to cancel and get a refund.

I'm gonna hold out, I got plenty to watch in the meantime, but just thought I'd let yis know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

My shipping date is January 17th so I'll prolly end up waiting longer when they send all those dvds out to ye lot. Has anybody used them before.gotten their Wire dvds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

was told not to bother with those as they take waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long

I might take long but for that price i think its well worth it. I got season 1 & 2. Recieved an email that they will be shipped on the 22nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

My shipping date is 15th, has been since I placed the order. As that's yesterday I've just contacted customer support to ask when I can expect delivery. If I get the "expecting stock in 14 days..."...!

Hmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

VISA statement showed the four series at £39.96 = €44.88,

€11.22 each:D

davenewt wrote: »
    My shipping date is 15th, has been since I placed the order. As that's yesterday I've just contacted customer support to ask when I can expect delivery. If I get the "expecting stock in 14 days..."...!

Hmm.

Reply from DVDCrave:

"We are currently awaiting further stock of the above item and expect this to be delivered into our Distribution Centre this week and the following weeks."

...along with the offer of cancellation if I don't want to wait.

Is this the same as the email as you received "johnp"?

davenewt wrote: »
    Reply from DVDCrave:

"We are currently awaiting further stock of the above item and expect this to be delivered into our Distribution Centre this week and the following weeks."

...along with the offer of cancellation if I don't want to wait.

Is this the same as the email as you received "johnp"?

Hi "davenewt"

Virtually the same email:
    Hi

Thanks for your email.

We are currently awaiting further stock of the above item and expect this to be delivered into our Distribution Centre during the next 14 days.

As soon as we receive new stock we shall of course ship your order. However, if due to the delay in dispatch you would prefer to cancel your order and receive a refund, please let us know and we shall action your request accordingly.

We are sincerely sorry for the delay and wish to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

Guess, they're the same crowd? Maybe drop shipping?

Just got this email off them.
    Hi

Further to your above order, we are expecting the replenishment of stocks to come in this week and more the week after, not withholding any unforeseen circumstances. As soon as we receive this new stock we shall of course ship your order. However, if due to the delay in dispatch you would prefer to cancel your order and receive a refund, please let us know and we shall action your request accordingly.

Alternatively, you may wish to check you order status by clicking this link : http://www.bangcd.com/myorder.aspx and copy your order number for latest updates.

We are sincerely sorry for the delay and wish to thank you for your patience and understanding.

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

The same story here:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Halfrican

Basquille = Legend!

Was jus bout 2 buy these today, been watching season 1, so good :p so gettin d rest now.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Got the same message regarding the need to re-stock. I'll give it another week since I'm getting these as a kind of what's the fuss buzz, but any longer and I'll cancel.

scop wrote: »
    Got the same message regarding the need to re-stock. I'll give it another week since I'm getting these as a kind of what's the fuss buzz, but any longer and I'll cancel.

I'm pretty much the same. Don't know anything about the series, apart from good reviews.
    I'm gonna hold out, though. Not bothered if it takes a long time, I'm not in a hurry for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

johnp wrote: »
    I'm pretty much the same. Don't know anything about the series, apart from good reviews.
    I'm gonna hold out, though. Not bothered if it takes a long time, I'm not in a hurry for it.
    + 1.

The boxset might as well wait in their warehouse as on my shelf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Also got the same emails. While I understand they probably got lots of orders, and I don't mind the wait, what bugs me is the money being debited soon after I put in the order. Don't like companies doing that so I don't, the money should be debited once product is ready for shipping not when its not due in stock for ages.

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    Also got the same emails. While I understand they probably got lots of orders, and I don't mind the wait, what bugs me is the money being debited soon after I put in the order. Don't like companies doing that so I don't, the money should be debited once product is ready for shipping not when its not due in stock for ages.

Agreed. They're not the only ones to do it, but it is annoying, especially when it's been so long. Usually there such a short time period between order and dispatch you'd probably not even notice the payment going out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Cost opportunity, should we wait for them to ship in the next 14 days, or try and get them in store at Zavvi 40% deal.

Hmmm, I've finished season 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

I got an e-mail with 3 £1 off vouchers from Bang. PM me if any takers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Took delivery of series three and four from DVDCrave this morning.
    The box and disks would indicate that they're region 4 only - but I've a multi-region player, so can't confirm they're not dual region.

alastair wrote: »
    The box and disks would indicate that they're region 4 only - but I've a multi-region player, so can't confirm they're not dual region.
    That's what I presumed alright so I cancelled them.. the Region 2 / 4 dual-coded ones do typically indicate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

alastair wrote: »

Were you informed of the region change before delivery?

I won't be too happy if i ordered region 2 and they're sending me region 4!

Were you informed of the region change before delivery?

I won't be too happy if i ordered region 2 and they're sending me region 4!
    The original post at BangCD is quoting Region 2 / 4.. and they will be.

But I mentioned DVDCrave (www.dvdcrave.com) were selling them for slightly cheaper but they were just quoting Region 4. Turns out they are just Region 4.

Just to let yis know, my order status is now at Shipped (22/1/9).

Let see how long it takes to get here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

When did you order? am waiting almost 3 weeks now for mine. got that e mail saying they are out of stock same as a previous post

johnp ordered back at the end of December... so others will possibly be waiting a bit longer.

See here!

• Advertisement

Aye, ordered at the end of December, but it was a pre-release, so wasn't going to be processed until Jan 1st.
    Still 3 weeks to get shipped!
    Ah well, at least it's on the way.

Just arrived :cool:

Mines still on "Awaiting Shipment 15-Jan-2009"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

zAbbo wrote: »
    Mines still on "Awaiting Shipment 15-Jan-2009"

+1

yup, same here :(

Mine is also waiting shipment-15th January......me is getting ever so slightly pissed off, as they've had my money for weeks now:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Ordered last week and got an email apologising for the delay and giving me the option of seeking a refund. That's fair enough in my book so I think I'll just wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Ordered last week and got an email apologising for the delay and giving me the option of seeking a refund. That's fair enough in my book so I think I'll just wait.

Don't hold your breath.I ordered on the 8th of January and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped:mad:.I'm going to give it until the 28th,then I'm going to cancel and order from hmv.co.uk.I don't mind paying £15 for it as long as I get it.I've just finished season 2 and it was downloaded version a mate of mine did for me but it wasn't the same quality as the watching the original dvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Mine arrived today!

I can end all the discussion and confirm that the BangCD sets are Region 2+4 encoded, even though the case only indictates Region 4.

To counter Basquille, most Austrailian DVDs I've got have indicated only Region 4, but support Region 2 play-back anyways.

To that, it pretty much means DVD Source's The Wire sets are Region 2 compatible too.

The DVDs come in what's best described as a mini M-Lock case, with all five discs in a normal DVD style box. Absolutely terrifically packaged by BangCD too, so little chance of damage in transit.

• Advertisement

PWEI wrote: »
    Don't hold your breath.I ordered on the 8th of January and I'm still waiting for it to be shipped:mad:.I'm going to give it until the 28th,then I'm going to cancel and order from hmv.co.uk.I don't mind paying £15 for it as long as I get it.I've just finished season 2 and it was downloaded version a mate of mine did for me but it wasn't the same quality as the watching the original dvd.

I ordered the same day as you? Did you receive anything yet? Just logged into my account and its still awaiting ****ment-15th Jan........F***ing annoyed now, as I have mentioned before, I don't mind the wait as long as payment isn't taken until shipping.

Verrrrrry tempted to cancel, so I am. How long does it take to get the refund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

+1.
    I'm a bit annoyed by the delay. And pissed at already having paid for something which hasn't even been shipped.
    Glad to hear that 2 peeps have actually received theirs anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I probably should preface the fact I placed my order just before Christmas and before the stated release date, so my order would have been one of the first shipments.

People need to understand that the site's probably got stampeded for the DVDs at these prices since the word's well and truly out so it's a vicious cycle to try and get enough stock to service the ever-increasing demand.

Syferus wrote: »
    I probably should preface the fact I placed my order just before Christmas and before the stated release date, so my order would have been one of the first shipments.

People need to understand that the site's probably got stampeded for the DVDs at these prices since the word's well and truly out so it's a vicious cycle to try and get enough stock to service the ever-increasing demand.

Fair enough, but my main gripe is money debited over 3 weeks ago. Sendit/asda/thehut can take ages to ship products but at least the money is only debited when they DO ship them.

lindtee wrote: »
    Fair enough, but my main gripe is money debited over 3 weeks ago. Sendit/asda/thehut can take ages to ship products but at least the money is only debited when they DO ship them.

That's something I'm not a big fan of myself. I bought something from CDWow just before Christmas, it arrived a month later, but the money was in their account straight away. I got on and complained at the time, they offered to refund.
    They said they bill straight away, as they don't store your credit card details.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 coillte

basquille wrote: »
    The original post at BangCD is quoting Region 2 / 4.. and they will be.

But I mentioned DVDCrave (www.dvdcrave.com) were selling them for slightly cheaper but they were just quoting Region 4. Turns out they are just Region 4.

Hi

Ordered Seasons 1-4 from DVDCrave when this thread started - been lurking since. Delivery listed as 22nd Jan & they arrived 27th Jan. Big sticker stating "Regular Customer" to avoid import taxes. My DVD/HDD recorder is a sony 890 that 100% isn't multiregion (yet). The discs are marked as region 4 only but they DO play in my region 2 player! Now to get around to watching them...

Thanks to everyone for all the bargin listings!

• Advertisement

coillte wrote: »
    Hi

Ordered Seasons 1-4 from DVDCrave when this thread started - been lurking since. Delivery listed as 22nd Jan & they arrived 27th Jan. Big sticker stating "Regular Customer" to avoid import taxes. My DVD/HDD recorder is a sony 890 that 100% isn't multiregion (yet). The discs are marked as region 4 only but they DO play in my region 2 player! Now to get around to watching them...

Thanks to everyone for all the bargin listings!
    Well.. there you go lads!

There's your proof... go forth and cancel your BangCD orders and order at DVDCrave - even cheaper and compatible with Region 2.

Well.. there you go lads!

There's your proof... go forth and cancel your BangCD orders and order at DVDCrave - even cheaper and compatible with Region 2.

BangCD orders have been debited though, could be messy to cancel, apply for refund, re-order elsewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭Ryaller

DVDCrave are out of stock of all seasons. I ordered 1, 3 and 4 from them on the 8th. Sent on the 9th but still waiting. Ordered season 2 from BangCD and still waiting along with everyone else. What a mess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I emailed them at the start of the week asking them for a definite date of delivery and got the following response;

"Hi

Thank you for your email.

We have been advised the next batch of stock replenishment will be in this week, not withholding any unforeseen circumstances.

Please do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards"

But still my order is showing awaiting shipment and estimated delivery date of the 16th of January.I've just cancelled my order and I'm going to order season 2 and 3 from from amazon for £14.98

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h_?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=the+wire&x=5&y=19

I'd prefer to spend the extra few euro and actually get the dvd.
    BangCD - not such a bargain afterall.:mad:

Well i decided to cancel my order from BangCD. I ordered season 1 and season 2.
    Decided to order them from amazon. It looked like a good deal from BangCD but it seems it could be weeks before they get them back in and thats even if they get them back in stock!

• Advertisement
Advertisement