Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wire - Seasons 1 - 3 @ €10 each, Season 4 @ €12 [BangCD]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Had an email this morning from BangCD to say they'd received stocks in and would be dispatched within 24hrs. Things are finally looking up.
    BangCD wrote:
    The stocks have just arrived into our Distribution Centre.
    Your order will be dispatch within the next 24 hours. We will also send you an email to confirm that it has been dispatched.

No email to confirm dispatch yet, but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

davenewt wrote: »
    Had an email this morning from BangCD to say they'd received stocks in and would be dispatched within 24hrs. Things are finally looking up.

No email to confirm dispatch yet, but fingers crossed.

go the email as well. checked my order - series 1 in, shipping 3 feb. :):)

series 2-4 "shipping 27 jan" ie they still have not got them. :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

It's about bloody time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I ordered all 4 on 8th Jan, all now showing
    "Ready to ship" "Estimated shipping date 3rd Feb"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I ordered on the 8th of Jan too and got no such emails:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭nachos

I ordered all 4 on the 10th January. Haven't gotten an email, but all 4 are showing as ready-to-ship. Good news at last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I ordered all 4 seasons just there for £38.96 (or €43) and got an e-mail back saying:
    Region 2 & 4 - The Wire: Complete Season One (5 Disc Set) Ready-to-Ship 03-Feb-2009 GBP9.99
    Region 2 & 4 - The Wire: Complete Season Four (5 Disc Set) Ready-to-Ship 04-Feb-2009 GBP9.99
    Region 2 & 4 - The Wire: Complete Season Three (5 Disc Set) Ready-to-Ship 04-Feb-2009 GBP9.99
    Region 2 & 4 - The Wire: Complete Season Two (5 Disc Set) Ready-to-Ship 05-Feb-2009 GBP9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

I have same comment as well " ready to ship 3rd Feb"

only problem is i ordered the 8th Jan.

It's getting farcial st this stage:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭marrm

marrm wrote: »
    go the email as well. checked my order - series 1 in, shipping 3 feb. :):)

series 2-4 "shipping 27 jan" ie they still have not got them. :mad::mad::mad:

Now everything scheduled for 3 Feb. :):):):)

At the price, worth waiting for. Hope it actually arrives soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Ready to ship 3 Feb. Woohoo.

Also hope it arrives soon (series 2,3 and 4), have almost forgotten what happened in first series now :)

• Advertisement

My Season 1 (that I ordered yesterday) has been marked as shipped..

Season 2 & 4 shipped
    Season 1 & 3 ready to ship.

Not before time, alls well that ends well I suppose.

To be honest.. we waited but at least they shipped them.

And not fob us off with excuses like "we were unable to source stock from our suppliers" as SendIt & CDWOW have been doing lately.

Season 3 is listed as shipped for me.

Seasons 1, 2 and 4 are still marked as ready-to-ship. It's looking good at any rate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭seanie500

Series 4 has shipped for me

only need first 3 series now :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

seanie500 wrote: »
    Series 4 has shipped for me

only need first 3 series now :rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat. Hope to see them soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Season 1 shipped on site, and confirmation email
    Season 2 shipped on site, no confirmation email, estimated for today

Might rewatch S1 when it comes through.

Seasons 1 and 3 shipped (with Season 4 indicated to ship today)... but no confirmation of shipment e-mails yet!
    1 The Wire: Complete Season One (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Shipped 03-Feb-2009
    2 The Wire: Complete Season Four (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Ready-to-Ship 04-Feb-2009
    3 The Wire: Complete Season Three (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Shipped 04-Feb-2009
    4 The Wire: Complete Season Two (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Ready-to-Ship 05-Feb-2009

Seasons 2, 3 and 4 shipped and email received confirming.

Oddly Season 1 is still not shipped but showing a shipping date of 3rd Feb.

How long does delivery from Bang CD take and who is their normal delivery
    company?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Ok offer looks really good but has anyone actually got their dvds yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Ok offer looks really good but has anyone actually got their dvds yet?

I did! I only ordered season 1. Between order status changed to Shipped and getting it in the door was 4 days (22nd to 26th)

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Goolay

Ordered 8th of Jan, shipped 3rd Feb :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

snap.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 coylerwhaa

any deals to be had on season 5

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

My series 1 has been dispatched. Should I bother order 3-4 now? How long would they take :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Received Season 1 this morning.. the rest are on their way!

Seasons 4 & 3 - email confirmation that shipped
    Season 1 - showing as shipped on order screen
    Season 2 -awaiting shipment

All ordered on Jan 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

got mine about 2 weeks ago

have watched seasons 1 and 2 so far, its terrific stuff on the whole.

worth the wait for anyone that hasn't got them yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 karlito3000

Ordered mine on Jan 23rd. (seasons 2, 3, 4).
    Received 'despatch' confirmation for two of them in the last two days. Will post here again when they arrive!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

If you have received your box-set ..

.. are there extras and, if so, are they any good ?

• Advertisement

All have now dispatched.

(On a another note-ordered Firefly from Amazon(approx €11) on Tuesday...and it arrived this morning-Now thats service!:D)

Recieved e-mail despatch notification of Season 1 yesterday, and Season 3 this morning.

And my BangCD order looks like this:
    1 The Wire: Complete Season One (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Shipped 03-Feb-2009
    2 The Wire: Complete Season Four (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Ready-to-Ship 04-Feb-2009
    3 The Wire: Complete Season Three (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Shipped 04-Feb-2009
    4 The Wire: Complete Season Two (5 Disc Set) Region 2 & 4 DVD Shipped 05-Feb-2009

Just Season 4 left that's ready to ship..
    lindtee wrote: »
    (On a another note-ordered Firefly from Amazon(approx €11) on Tuesday...and it arrived this morning-Now thats service!:D)
    Off topic slightly but..

Amazon are the leaders in quick shipping... I mean you pay the extra bit of money for shipping but well worth it!

Would buy more from SendIt / TheHut / Play if they brought in a similar policy. Enough of this free shipping crap.. and then waiting at least a week to 10 days for an item to arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

regarding Play Basquille, I don't really consider them to have free shipping. It's built into the GBP Euro conversion rate.

I agree about Amazon, the speed of their dispatch is class.

dubmick wrote: »
    regarding Play Basquille, I don't really consider them to have free shipping. It's built into the GBP Euro conversion rate.
    Irregardless of that, their shipping is woeful (especially when compared to Amazon).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I wish Amazon would allow us to benefit from their free Super Saver Shipping. I wouldn't mind if the threshold spend for ROI customers was higher. As it is, I tend to use them if I need something quickly, or there's a bargain.

I wish Amazon would allow us to benefit from their free Super Saver Shipping. I wouldn't mind if the threshold spend for ROI customers was higher. As it is, I tend to use them if I need something quickly, or there's a bargain.

I think the shipping of 1.39 per item plus 39p each for dvds is pretty reasonable compared to HMV for example which is a steep 2.50 per item. But I tend not to buy books or games from them as shipping is higher for some season. Some of the complete box sets i've ordered were huge, but were still the standard shipping for dvds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

lindtee wrote: »
    I think the shipping of 1.39 per item plus 39p each for dvds is pretty reasonable compared to HMV for example which is a steep 2.50 per item. But I tend not to buy books or games from them as shipping is higher for some season. Some of the complete box sets i've ordered were huge, but were still the standard shipping for dvds.

Agreed (my The West Wing Complete Series boxset and it's two postal boxes for less than £4 can atest to that), but the rub is at least one of Amazon's warehouses is in Dublin, and we pay Irish VAT on all items bought off it, so there is very little practical reason why Amazon do not offer Super Saver shipping to Ireland if they provide it to the UK.

All 4 are being listed as shipped for me and got an email confirming shipping for all 4. Will hopefully have these delivered next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭CLADA

All 4 seasons arrived today :D

Three of the four arrived today, only says region 4 on box but played on my dvd player which def isn't multi-region! Looking forward to watching season 1 tonight(after I watch the last 2 episodes of weeds, season 3!!!)

Thanks Basquille:cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Got mine all at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Mine arrived today. I only ordered 1 and 2, as I felt a bit iffy about the site. I'll be ordering 3 and 4 now.
    Thanks Basquille

All 4 arrived today, took a while but got them at last.
    Thanks again to the OP!

Got all 4 seasons today... recieved after 1 week of ordering! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I cancelled my order of Season 2,3 & 4 (as after nearly a month my order was still awaiting shipment) and ordered season 3 from amazon.But straight after I cancelled some of ye here said they had starting shipping.So out of interest I ordered season 2 again as I had already watched it and was prepared to wait.I ordered season 2 last Thursday and it arrived in the door this morning.:confused:

Thanks again OP, all 4 arrived today. I was pleasantly surprised with
    shipping times once they actually shipped. Am glad I didn't cancel and
    order elsewhere.

These boxsets are €40-50 each in HMV at the moment.

Mine are down as shipped from 3-6 Feb but I haven't received any yet and I ordered in early Jan! Still I am hoping they all arrive together because it is a 5 mile round trip to the sorting office to pick them up.

Mine are down as shipped from 3-6 Feb but I haven't received any yet and I ordered in early Jan! Still I am hoping they all arrive together because it is a 5 mile round trip to the sorting office to pick them up.
    They should all fit in the letter box.. mine did!

They're a lot slimmer than the Region 2 boxsets...

Ah that's great to know - Lost S4 Blu-Ray was like that too, much smaller than expected! Still might be an issue if they arrive together because I live in an apartment building with typically tiny letterboxes so only two would fit, I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I ordered series 1 & 2 on Wed 4th, they shipped on the 5th and got them both this morning, the 9th. Not bad from Singapore.

Thank you very much OP!

Advertisement