Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Wire - Seasons 1 - 3 @ €10 each, Season 4 @ €12 [BangCD]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Ordered mine on Jan 23rd. (seasons 2, 3, 4).
    Received 'despatch' confirmation for two of them in the last two days. Will post here again when they arrive!

Just to say that all mine have arrived safe. :cool: Nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Ordered 8th Jan, received 9th Feb

Any deals on Season 5?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

zAbbo wrote: »
    Any deals on Season 5?
    According to Wikipedia, Season 5 hasn't been released on uber-cheap Region 4 DVD (and there isn't a release date planned as far as I can see).

So expect to be pay between €25 and €40 most places for that season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭aidz

ordered 1 & 2 on jan 10. recieved them yesterday.
    just odered season 3 just now..

thx again op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

basquille wrote: »
    BangCD.com are selling the dual-coded Region 2 / 4 copies of seasons 1 - 4 of 'The Wire' for €12.80. Free delivery too so should work out at €51.20 for the first 4 seasons.

4 boxes waiting for me at home last night - total cost €44.40.

Thanks Basquille, & OP on Wire forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

J

BangCD.com are selling the dual-coded Region 2 / 4 copies of seasons 1 - 4 of 'The Wire' for €12.80. Free delivery too so should work out at €51.20 for the first 4 seasons.

will this play on my xbox

will this play on my xbox
    Yep, it should.

Will confirm for you later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I couldnt get them to play on Windows Media Center, but they played fine on VLC, so you might have problems with the ole xbox (probably not if you use xbmc though).

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Thanks OP received all 4 Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Thanks OP, received Season 1 yesterday (ordered Jan 21). Found a £1 promo code for BangCD somewhere on Boards (maybe in Bargain Alerts?) so it only cost £8.99 - what a bargain! If this is good I'll definitely be hoovering up the other seasons.

• Advertisement

Played on PS3 fine last night.. didn't try Xbox but assume it'l be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Played on PS3 fine last night.. didn't try Xbox but assume it'l be fine.

yeaits my bad i misread the OP thought it was region 1 dvs's and got all uppity about it! haha ill order them bad boys now woopa!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Any deals on season 5 or whats the cheapest around. Flying through this show its great. Aint liked a show this much since the Sopranos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Got mine today. Forgot I had addressed them to a NI address I use. Doh! Very skinny boxes compared to usual, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

All the newly produced The Wire boxsets here are in exactly the same boxes, the only difference being they come in a form-fitting cardboard slipcase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Syferus wrote: »
    All the newly produced The Wire boxsets here are in exactly the same boxs, the only difference being they come in a form-fitting cardboard slipcase.

I'm comparing the boxset to other shows like Lost where each DVD comes in its own case, creating a much thicker package (although the S4 Blu-Ray pack came in this format). I wish more stuff was packaged this way, as it takes up less room on the shelves!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Just back from holiday to find all three seasons I ordered on my desk. Nice :) - Thanks again to OP et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭zenit

Got Season 5 in Zavvi Cork today, for €25.89.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

still waiting on season 2 to deliver. 1,3 and 4 arrived 2 weeks ago. any one else experiencing a delay?

Gar

Ordered 1 & 2 at the beginning of january. recieve them a month later.

Then ordered 3 & 4. recieved them within 3 days!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭Irishrossoblu

I ordered them on Thursday and they arrived on Monday morning, so no delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I ordered mine and got them all within a week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I'm half way through season 4 so I've been looking for season 5 as BangCD don't have it.Cheapest I could find was from amazon for £17.98;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Complete-HBO-Season-DVD/dp/B0016OZ9Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236017964&sr=1-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭pandamoanium

Sorry a lil OT but if any of you are planning on selling your boxsets gimmie a PM! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Sorry a lil OT but if any of you are planning on selling your boxsets gimmie a PM! :D

eh...just order them from the link in the orginal post. you aint goin to get a much better price than 12.80 for the best tv show ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

tvnutz wrote: »
    eh...just order them from the link in the orginal post. you aint goin to get a much better price than 12.80 for the best tv show ever made!

Don't forget to pay in Sterling, I ordered Season 1 last Friday and it arrived yesterday (Monday) - how is that possible from Asia ? Cost €11.42. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Macer123 wrote: »
    Don't forget to pay in Sterling, I ordered Season 1 last Friday and it arrived yesterday (Monday) - how is that possible from Asia ? Cost €11.42. :D

Likewise I ordered 1 to 4 last thursday... 1 & 3 arrived monday.
    Notification by email this morning that 2 & 4 have just shipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

PWEI wrote: »
    I'm half way through season 4 so I've been looking for season 5 as BangCD don't have it.Cheapest I could find was from amazon for £17.98;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Complete-HBO-Season-DVD/dp/B0016OZ9Y6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1236017964&sr=1-1

£21.28 with VAT included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

A friend of mine asked could he get season 1-5 off me, so i went looking for them on my hard drives burnt dvd's and could only find 3 episodes from season 5, as Clay Davis would say...............

So i think i will be investing in these DVD's cheers op thanks for the great find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

£21.28 with VAT included.

A little bit cheaper on hmv.co.uk £20.49 including postage but that's the chepaest around.€38 from play and €38.49 from sendit.

Season 1 & 2 arrived today :D 3 on the way now just got to find 4 somewhere and order 5 from play.

now just got to find 4 somewhere
    Why don't you order Season 4 from the original post? It's still available!
    and order 5 from play.
    Don't do it man.. it's €38.99 from Play.

If only somewhere had it cheaper!

Why don't you order Season 4 from the original post? It's still available!

Don't do it man.. it's €38.99 from Play.

If only somewhere had it cheaper!

Fcuk i just ordered season 4 on zavvi, that link for season 4 on bangcd was done for the last few days so i thought they ran out :eek: now i see its working oh well its done now.

Woops my mistake i thought the link for season 5 you put up was from play :o

Im using a 3v card so that is empty now will have to top it up for season 5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Thanks. Got seasons 1 to 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Season 4 is now €14.60 but you can pay by Laser card and delivery is extremely quick so still worth it IMO. :)

• Advertisement

Season 3 arrived today, 4 is being shipped. Watching it on a bluray player the image is amazing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Just ordered season 1 to 4 came out at ( if the conversion is right ) just about 46 euro.

If you sign up now they give you a £1 off voucher but it had landed in my spam inbox for some reason so i didnt get to use it this time. must have a good root see if they have anything else worth getting.

But that would take it under 45 euro for S. 1 to 4 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

I've now got season 1-3 and have just started off watching it. Even despite the critical and internet buzz around it, which always tends to somewhat sour the beginning of an exprience, I'm pretty enamoured with the show, albeit only one episode in.

People have said it's a slow burner in terms of how it hooks you, but I've connected with it faster than I ever did with other marquee HBO shows like Six Feet Under.

And David Simon is nothing short of pretentious at times and ever so slightly bitchy, but then again, if I'd made The Wire I'd allow myself a few swipes at other shows too.

I'd recommend anyone willing to pay serious attention a show - even though it go into great detail, it rarely treats the viewer like a child and hammers important plot points down your troat multiple times - should at least pick up season 1 at these prices.

Got Season 5 from Zavvi this morning.

Just ordered season 1 to 4 came out at ( if the conversion is right ) just about 46 euro.

If you sign up now they give you a £1 off voucher but it had landed in my spam inbox for some reason so i didnt get to use it this time. must have a good root see if they have anything else worth getting.

But that would take it under 45 euro for S. 1 to 4 :D

Season 1 & 2 arrived this morning the other 2 have been dispatched so i shoul dhave them by the end of the week super fast delivery and just in time as i finish work on friday !!!

• Advertisement

Thanks to the op i bought the first 4 series a couple of months back.

eventually started to watch it over easter... watched the whole 1st series and i love it.
    good show and cant wait for another free weekend so to get into series 2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Whats the general delivery time in working days? My Season 1 was sent today. I never saw an episode before, heard rave reviews all over the place about the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭golfball37

Swizz wrote: »
    Whats the general delivery time in working days? My Season 1 was sent today. I never saw an episode before, heard rave reviews all over the place about the show.

Very quick- 3 max I'd say.

Swizz wrote: »

I ordered mine on thursday the 9th at 9 am and had it by tuesday the 14th ( season 1 & 2 ) 3&4 where posted this week not sure what day but arrived this morning.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

golfball37 wrote: »
    Very quick- 3 max I'd say.

I thought they shipped from Singapore?

BUMP!

Now available at even less - seasons 1 - 3 are £8.99 each!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 elphin

Tried to buy it but none in stock or site errors, not sure which? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

whats best site now, wasnt there two different sites at the start?

POKERKING wrote: »
    whats best site now, wasnt there two different sites at the start?
    Go with BangCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭paulie13

Go with BangCD.

They don't appear to have them anymore :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement