Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of buying a car which of these

Options
  • 07-01-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Im looking to buy a car not older than 2000 not newer than 2004 with as good a mileage as I can get the engine should be 1.2 or 1.4 please put these cars in order in which you think is best assuming all the specs I have listed are the same in each

Toyota corrolla
    Nissan Almeria
    Ford focus
    Volkswagen golf

Also put in order dearest to cheapest again assuming all spec are the same

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Thats asking a lot! Go to driving.ie or carzone for prices. I'd go for the Focus, or maybe a Civic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Toyota corrolla - I'd rather walk
    Nissan Almeria - I'd rather walk in bare feet
    Ford focus - meh
    Volkswagen golf - double meh

The VW and Toyota will be dearest, the focus middling and people will pay you to take the nasty Almera away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭markos79

the toyota is tops when it comes to reliability followed by the golf or focus.stay away from the almeras.

but if it was me id be buying a honda civic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Ford focus - Nice drive
    Volkswagen golf - Trouble brewing after 40,000 miles
    Toyota corrolla - reliable but grim
    Nissan Almeria - shoot me now

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Im looking to buy a car not older than 2000 not newer than 2004 with as good a mileage as I can get the engine should be 1.2 or 1.4 please put these cars in order in which you think is best assuming all the specs I have listed are the same in each

Toyota corrolla
    Nissan Almeria
    Ford focus
    Volkswagen golf

Also put in order dearest to cheapest again assuming all spec are the same

thanks

Almeras are usually 1.5l; Focus 1.4l is underpowered. A 1.6 diesel Focus or 1.9 TDI Golf would be better.

Corrolla is a safe reliable if boring choice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement