Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2 points

Options
  • 07-01-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

before christmas i got caught speeding. got a fine and 2 points.

what i want to know is do i have to tell the insurance company that i have points nows

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

It would be easier to just tell them, if there is an accident it means you have been completely honest so it is 1 less reason for them trying not to pay out!
    And the first 2 points make no difference to the cost of your insurance with most companies ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

that great. have to renewal next week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There shouldn't be much if any difference in premium with only 2 anyway.

Premia are on the way up in general though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I didn't volunteer the info to my insurer. I said that I would if they asked at renewal time so I couldn't be done for non-disclosure, but it never even came up.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Check your policy documentation - it may stipulate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Bobo78

Bryn wrote: »
    It would be easier to just tell them, if there is an accident it means you have been completely honest so it is 1 less reason for them trying not to pay out!
    And the first 2 points make no difference to the cost of your insurance with most companies ;)

It looks like, that you can have 4 points now and it shoudnt affect the insurance premium with some insurance companies such as Nononsence or FBD and some other companies.
    You can see that, when you try to apply for the quote online and it says that you declare that you dont have more than 4 points.

Advertisement