Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burton and Topman deliveries

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

So this year i thought i'd grab some bargains online in the january sales. I visited topman and burton uk sites because of the value of the sterling at the moment.

I ordered about £75 worth of stuff on burton and £45 on topman on the 26th Dec. Goods were to be dispatched withing 3 working days according to their website.

Hmm, well it all went downhill from there!!

I'm so pissed off at the moment. So here goes,

I was told my order for burton was dispatched on 2nd January as they sent me an email and i saw that it was marked as dispatched online.

Today i get an email saying that my money had been refunded and will appear on my credit card within 3 working days. So, no explanation, nothing. i emailed customer service this morning and got no reply. I then rang them a few hours ago to ask what was happening. they had no idea. Clueless and were so rude on the phone and said it was a busy period. I asked for the address of their complaints dept, she put me on hold and 5 mins later the line goes dead. I used up nearly all my credit ringing a damn uk number :(

Anyway, with Topman (i think their a sister company of burton). I received half their order on tuesday and they gave no explanation as to why the rest wasn't included. i emailed customer service that day and have gotten no reply as of yet and then i see i was refunded today for the items i didn't receive.

The curtiousy of letting me know that items were not available before dispatching half my items would have been nice. I was charged massive delivery charges for half my order.

But i'm more angry with burton for telling me something was dispatched and then refunding me. I doubt it's in the post as it was probably never in stock in the first place.

I don't know what i'm after here but i know i will be writing a long complaint letter with copies of the emails with proof etc that they sent and i sent.

Should i sent a copy to someone else aswel as burton to investigate what happened:confused:

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Same just happened to me! Ordered £90 worth of stuff, received shipment confirmation and today get notification of an unrequested refund. WTF is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Same just happened to me! Ordered £90 worth of stuff, received shipment confirmation and today get notification of an unrequested refund. WTF is going on?

I got this email today:

Thank you for your email received 7 January 2009.

Unfortunately, our couriers were unable to deliver your parcel as there was a problem with your address details. They have therefore sent it back to us, and we refunded you as soon as it arrived in our warehouse.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused, and hope that you will continue to enjoy shopping with us.

Esi
    Burton Customer Service

BULL****TERS!!:mad:

I actually believed them until i ready your response too. Obviously deliveries to ireland are not making them any money. I wrote a letter to complain about their service too so will be sending that tomorrow.

Yip, got same email today. What a crock of ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I ordered on 25th and got a notification of shipping on January 2nd, remains to be seen if it will actually deliver, will update if and when. I see one of my ordered items is out of stock and not included on the shipped order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

mine ordered 3/1 and arrived today 9/1. All present and correct. I'm happy enough. I noted that euro price on label is 1.5 times sterling price. 10% student discount worked too even though it's long since I've been a full-time student.
    I got over €90 worth of clothing for €36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

One of my 4 items not in stock, delivered on 13th after being ordered on the 25/12. Happy enough all in all. Sizing is different from product to product though.

They're continuing to say that they tried to deliver to me, which is patently untrue. What a shower of chancers.

Advertisement