Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permission for Moderators arrived today

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Well good news today - I received permission to use moderators for both my guns today.
    I had a meeting with the Super before Christmas about his concerns with issuing permission and he has agreed with my reasons for use there of.

My thanks go to Superintendent O'Sullivan and to my FO Garda Fitzpatrick.

Related post here:
    Refused permission for a Moderator today.
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055436287&page=1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Well done Clive, and your Super/FO. :)

Great result and proof that dialogue is always the best way forward.

Now you can change your sig to: EVEN MORE gear but still no idea! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭boc121

Sure if you get em easy take em twice:D
    Congrats clive well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Indeed well wear Clive.
    Any chance you could give us a breif outline of what Super's concerns were and what your responses were?Might be of help to some others applying for Silencers?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Nice one Clive.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Indeed well wear Clive.
    Any chance you could give us a breif outline of what Super's concerns were and what your responses were?Might be of help to some others applying for Silencers?
    Well I must say that the Super was concerned about why I would need/want a mod AND very much aware of the safety of the public. But fair play to him he was willing to listen to my point of view and my reasons for wanting to use them on my guns.
    Also he wanted to sus me out and gather info about me and my background, to see if I was a fit person so to speak, you know what I mean here.
    He wasn't intrested about my hearing loss, stop shooting if you have hearing problems and if I have hearing problems now, should you be shooting at all?

So now my reasons put forward for use were:
    1. I have 4 shoots, 3 of which have livestock and horses. The other is near houses.
    So reason is to reduce sound interference with the animals and the sound polution to the houses.

2. Public could be within ear shot of where I shoot and could hear the report of the rifle.
    So reason is to reduce the sound pollution to the public.

3, Night shooting.
    I was careful to explain that when night shooting I would be out before dusk to set up, know my terrain well and backstop.
    So reason is to reduce the sound pollution to the public and to reduce sound interference with the animals and the sound polution to the houses.

4. Not a good idea to wear hearing protection when out in the fields as I need to hear whats going on around me.

I think it was all the reasons and that my interview went well, as in I'm not a dickhead (others would disagree)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Well done man, now the only problen is your shouting! :D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Well done Clive.

If anyone is having a problem with any sort of application then this is how I'd go about it. Meet the Super and present your case in a mannerly fashion.

Again Clive, congratulations and let us know how you get on.

Well done man, now the only problen is your shouting! :D:D;)

I Need a mod for my mouth???????????? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Its all about the reasons !!!

All firearms are importable and licenceable IF you have a genuine/believable reason to have such firearm/moderator !! It just takes a bit of thought........ hence the reason why I have a semiauto .223, semiauto.308, and 9mm pistol WITH written permission to have moderators for ALL of them !! Despite the number of people who told me and still disbelieve today that they can be got that saying there illegal or i wont get them or there jealousy bling sighted them !

Clivej well done on your mods... what are you getting ?

Its all about the reasons !!!

Clivej well done on your mods... what are you getting ?

Already have a SAK for the 22lr ;)
    And looking at getting the ASE Utra NorthStar. I just got an E-mail back from Jackson Rifles and that the 5/8" version will be available soon around March. Cost £231

See
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337279

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

thats great news well done clive

clivej wrote: »
    Already have a SAK for the 22lr ;)
    And looking at getting the ASE Utra NorthStar. I just got an E-mail back from Jackson Rifles and that the 5/8" version will be available soon around March. Cost £231

See
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337279

Sweet ! Especially since the euro is so good to sterling ! Youll make a killing.... Silently haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

have a genuine/believable reason to have such moderator..........................................hence the reason why I have a..............9mm pistol WITH written permission to have (a) moderator..........(it)

So what good reason necessitates/justifies the use of a moderator on a 9mm pistol? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Kramer wrote: »
    So what good reason necessitates/justifies the use of a moderator on a 9mm pistol? :confused:

Excellent question :eek:

That is an excellent question, however I do not want to be the cause of an explosion of suppressed pistols in the country so my reasons are my own only. What i will say it that clive is on the right track. You have to have a good answer to every question. Dont give them an answer that can lead to another question. Above all else remain polite and well mannered. Legally you can have whatever you want, but in my experience, what kills it is that your super or FO is covering there arse by not giving it to every tom and harry that comes lookin for it in the event someone does go off on a shooting spree the finger wont be pointed at them as to why they have evil black guns, suppressed with high cap mags etc.

Have some more info for you on the ASE Utra NorthStar mod after getting replies to my E-mails.

Jackson Rilfes will not deal directly with customers and I would have to go through my local dealer and get him to order it. I expect that to put the cost up.

Steven Jobson of Weldon Gun Room, Northumberland UK has them in stock (1/2" x 20 UNF) ;225 + post but again will only send to a dealer here in Ireland.
    I'll have a word with my local dealer and see if he will allow me to get one sent via him. But the 5/8" version is not in stock yet so I will have to wait.

I was reading about another mod that will soon be available in the UK made from Titainium and good for automatic firearms. But that's another story.

clive your half way there since you already know the price in the uk you can shop around with different dealers and find what thell charge you. It would be worth the phone calls ! The titanium suppressors are an expensive bit of kit and full auto rated on a bolt gun is useless. There only use it there light weight (not that its that much of a difference). The reflex T8 comes in T8/G3 for the G3 assault rifle. There the exact same materials as a standard T8 only designed to go over the G3 barrel and reduce overall length, so all T8s are rated for full auto.

Advertisement