Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast? Where? Help?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

I'm spending a few days in dublin from galway. And i need some help please.

I don't know dublin. I will be on o'connell street tomorrow. Where can i get a good breakfast on o connell street.

Please help. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just off o connell street in earl street there is a place called the earl, they do a nice brerakfast and are reasonable with pricing. earl street is the street off o connell street where the spire is, cafe kylemore is on the corner but the breakfast isnt as good in there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I don't know dublin. I will be on o'connell street tomorrow. Where can i get a good breakfast on o connell street.

Please help. Thanks

Turn onto abbey street,the busaras end.
    Where the abbey theatre is is a small cafe on the right called Cafe Rio,they do a nice breakfast.
    Also on marlboro st(just off o'connel st) are a couple of greasy cafes that do good breakfasts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Oh good man Degsy!

Cafe Rio do a fantastic breakfast. I'm telling ya, 4.50 for the breakfast bap. Worth every cent! And it's a nice enough place to sit down in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭shreksaurus

Thank you all for replying. Will write those suggestions down on paper and i hope i dont get lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Although I haven't been in a few years, the cafe upstairs in Boyers (North Earl Street), and the top floor cafe in Clery's (O'Connell Street) used to do nice breakfasts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Can't you just find somewhere yourself by having a look around when you get to dublin - it's not a foreign country you know^^

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

whatever you do don't go to the place in Arnotts. my OH went there for brekkie recently and is still giving out about how disgusting the food was!!!!

i 2nd the earl by the way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Please help. Thanks

supermacs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

Can't you just find somewhere yourself by having a look around when you get to dublin - it's not a foreign country you know^^

When you are in a new place, you don't want to spend your time trial and erroring on where to go to eat sometimes. It's hard to do on an empty stomach too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You won't get lost - don't worry. And if you do - just keep an eye out for the auld Spire, that'll lead you back to the promised land O'Connell Street.

I second (or third) Cafe Rio. Decent grub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement