Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saints Row 2 PC

Options
  • 07-01-2009 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

Out on steam according to http://kotaku.com/5125514/saints-row-2-hits-steam

Showing as out today on my steam (30th of jan in play) no BUY option tho.

$40 for yanks no clue how much for us.

Anyone get it ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

You don't see a buy option because it's only available "via Steam in North, South and Central America."

Although, if you had somebody in an American territory who could buy and gift it to you, you could get your hands on it. Overheal was offering such a service on another thread iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

judging by initial reports of buggyness think i wait till the 30th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

jesus the ign review has SR2 on pc as unoptimised as GTA4 is.

**** sake. dev clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'll have it in 2-3hrs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'll have it in 2-3hrs ;)

Piracy is like masturbation, its not really anything to be ashamed of but it damn aint anything to be proud of either :pac:

• Advertisement

Piracy is like masturbation, its not really anything to be ashamed of but it damn aint anything to be proud of either :pac:

Off You go and pay for your buggy game then, most games I've played lately have been bugged to shít at release, this way I can try the demo as I'm not expectin much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

if it is anything like GTA4 on the pc then I'm glad I have SR2 on the 360 already.

Just curious how it will play if the mouse support is as good as gta4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,154 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Off You go and pay for your buggy game then, most games I've played lately have been bugged to shít at release, this way I can try the demo as I'm not expectin much.

I've no intention of buying the game, I already have it for the PS3.

I'm not commenting on you trying the game out, i dont really care what you do, infact your probably right, you wouldnt buy a car without test driving it, but do you really think admitting to downloading a game on a public forum is the wisest action? All i'm saying is you could probably do with being a bit more discrete about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

kaimera wrote: »
    Just curious how it will play if the mouse support is as good as gta4 :)
    I've heard its pretty bad control wise. Looks like one to avoid on the PC unfortunately, well worth getting on a console (or if they release some godly PC patch).

It runs worse than GTA4 (didn't think that was possible) and looks worse than GTA3 (expected alot better). Not really optimised for pc at all. Control is a bit of a pain. Only played 15 mins tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

It runs really well on the PS3, but I hate it. It doesn't feel right at all, more like a 10th rate GTA. So if it's slow and problematic on the PC, I won't even bother with it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Looks like poo on the new telly (PS3/HDMI/1080). Not liking what im hearing about it being worse than GTA4. They could have used that as a selling point much like thier earlier ad challenging the activities.

Is it just me or is it better to port from PC rather than console-PC? It took Rockstar months to release GTAfail on PC, THQ can **** up in less time, and for this they should be praised.

Got it over the weekend, loving it its like the anti GTA.

Love GTa4 one of the best games ever, but Saints Row 2 just takes the idea of free roaming and just lets you run amok, giving you freedom of the city and guns plenty of guns from the start.

Odd thing about the PC version got it friday and wasnt playable with p4 2gb ram and HD4870 on any setting. Got my old mobo back saturday and with E6850 2gb ram and HD 4870 it runs on highest evertything AA etc all on high, runs perfectly no issues at all. Its not a great looking game but plays very well.

Its like GTA Super Happy Fun version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah its fun but the draw distance on the PS3 is really really bad. Howsit on the PC?

Have it set to highest and its meh, game isnt great looking and buildings and cars pop up or disappear a lot.

Cant find the attack chopper, want to use it in coop for some missions :D

Coop is great fun, playing the single player story with a mate gives endless options for chaos and carnage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,768 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I actually enjoy it on the PS3, played co-op with a friend and it was good crack :)

Advertisement