Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skate 2 demo

• 07-01-2009 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Just a reminder a skate 2 demo will be available tomorrow from 9am! I cant bloody wait :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Nice. Would've picked it up even without a demo. This will definitly wet my appetite though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I remember playin the first demo and while it was good they were coming at it from a different angle, i didn't find it particularly exciting. Did it not get real boring before ye finished it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

anybody know where skate1 is going cheap these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I remember playin the first demo and while it was good they were coming at it from a different angle, i didn't find it particularly exciting. Did it not get real boring before ye finished it?

I think if you weren't or had no sort of partial interest in skateboarding itself, it got boring.. Ive been skating nearly 8 years now so it never got boring for me. They really are aiming it at skateboarders at the end of the day. I know anyone could pick up a tony hawks game and like it because it was alot more arcadey and exciting... You could tell the difference between the two. Saying that though, you can now get off your board and it has a 3rd person camera angle.. I know alot of people complained about the camera angle in the 1st one.

I just hope they keep it that way and not move towards the whole jackass theme and leave that to tony hawk.

Im working now and finish at 8am.. Have to go home and wait a bloody hour for it to be up on the marketplace.. Then download it and have to sleep for awhile before I get to play it :mad:

Full game hits the 21st though!!! Actually cant wait :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's a great game, single handedly killed Tony Hawk. Hopefully one of the shops will have it as it's deal of week or something.

• Advertisement

OMG ITS DOWNLOADING :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

dazftw wrote: »
    OMG ITS DOWNLOADING :eek:

Can't wait till I get the net in my new house so I can start downloading demos, my gametag needs an update too!

Hope it lives up to the hype you've built up around it in this post!

Enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

HMV have it for £18.49, but it's out of stock for 21 days... Next cheapest is Play.com for €35. The rest seem to be £35ish, if they have it at all.

I got it in Harvey Normans for €20 in March last year, no idea if it's still going at this price, but it's worth a look.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm not a skater (I used to be when i was a kid, just at the same time as polyeurethane wheels came out... I'm old :( ), but I adored Skate, flawed in places... yes but jesus what a game. I spent soooo many hours playing around in the video editor and recording my crashes (mostly!). This is a must buy, unless something crazy is wrong with it.

DeV.

The only thing I can notice is they upped the difficulty just a little bit.. The video editor is pretty cool..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Got the first game on release date as I loved the demo, I wont be getting this on release day until I read reviews and such, as these skating games tend to get old with game after game, like TH did for me. Also I dont have much money, but the first game was unbelievable. Loved it, but the online was full of glitchers, and it was laggy alot of the time. Hopefully S2 wont have that problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i got an xbox360 solely for Skate. What a game!
    Can't wait for this new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

The parts where you get off your board and walk around could have been handled better.

jtsuited wrote: »
    i got an xbox360 solely for Skate. What a game!
    Can't wait for this new one.

haha so did I :pac:

I love Tony Hawks games, and since you have said this is beeter than them I really cant wait to play this.

P.S Wow look a non-Fifa 09 thread updated! Do you really need 4 threads?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

dazftw wrote: »
    The only thing I can notice is they upped the difficulty just a little bit.. The video editor is pretty cool..
    Thats the bit of the game I liked the best, editing videos! Have they improved it from the last version?

DeV.

Downloading it now too, but its like tenth thing in my queue so wont get to play it till tomorrow. Does anyone here leave there xbox on over night to download stuff? Is it safe? I know you down do that background download thing and I have that turned on, but what do you do? You just turn off the console but it stays on at half power or something till all is downloaded?

Its basically a PC... if it has good ventilation, you can leave it on for days. (I have!)

DeV.

DeVore wrote: »
    Its basically a PC... if it has good ventilation, you can leave it on for days. (I have!)

DeV.

Cheers,
    I dont have the internet at home so while Im here at my parents I want to download as much as possible, including this demo!

DeVore wrote: »
    Thats the bit of the game I liked the best, editing videos! Have they improved it from the last version?

DeV.

Yea you can position the camera where ever you want now, only thing that bugged me about this is that the camera moves along with the skater I only wish you could have had the choice to make it follow the skater or just be static.

Its alot better though yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

Finally played the demo there. The off the board stuff seems very clunky but then again I'm greatful for it's inclusion cause at least now you can walk up stairs. New trick sets and intentional bails are great, can't wait to pick up the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I am in love with this demo.

Never before have i played a demo so much.

I love the new hall of meat mode. When skate started to get stale originally i would just try and bust myself as much as possible in one go. (Mostly going down the mega ramp in danny ways place and into that tree) but now it can actually be done proper! :D

Roll on the 23rd! :)

Downloaded this at the weekend and have to say I'm in love with it too. Never played the first one and have always been a huge fan of THs games, but this control system is great. I've played the demo like 20s since Friday night and still head for a rail and press A to jump and just crash into it...ha-ha too used to THs! Its class, so will be picking it up.

Advertisement