Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COLLECT MY GREEN BIN!

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Anyone else experience a terrible green bin collection service . Mine in Pheasant run has not been collected since before christmas. What with four kids and santa's visit i've had to ferry rubbish to the coolmine recycling centre.Fingal are gonna be looking for their yearly fee soon,At one stage the panda trucks were crawling all over my estate and where the hell were the council trucks?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

There was a problem as Oxigen lost the Green bin contract and Greyhound have it now, so Oxigen were naughty and didnt do a collection in some areas. They have however agreed to do it this week, and will collect any excess that wont fit in the bin (though I wouldnt believe that somehow!)

The council dont collect the green bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Des, Oxigen haven't collected green bins for the last six weeks now. Despite what the b*stards said they'd do. I'm stuck waiting for Greyhound to take stuff this week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Des, Oxigen haven't collected green bins for the last six weeks now. Despite what the b*stards said they'd do. I'm stuck waiting for Greyhound to take stuff this week.

Looks like they didnt keep their word alright.
    Mind you, mine was picked last week, by Greyhound I think (they came about 6:30 am!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ours was picked up friday just after 7pm by greyhound.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Don't know who picked up mine last week, but I do know that I missed them because I wasn't here on Tuesday night to put it out, and probably won't be here next week either. I won't be able to move the feckin' thing by the time the next collection after that comes round. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Mine has been fine with the transition to Greyhound (Roselawn area). They collected it yesterday at around 7pm and haven't missed any of the collections as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Mine was due to be picked up on the 14th - that's what it said on the calendar sent out by Oxigen, the same one the council said Greyhound would stick to!

Anyway, Greyhound came around on the night about 9 o clock! :eek:

Good thing I was in. You should have seen people running out to put out their bins. :P

Advertisement