Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegetarian Kilkenny 1st monthly 'No meat and greet'

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

1st monthly 'No meat and greet' on Saturday 24th January at 6.30 pm at Cartoon Saloon, James street, Kilkenny.
    Get to know other vegetarians/vegans in your area-
    Bring a favourite veggie dish to share if you can-
    Omnivores welcome but no meat please-
    Tell your vegetarian/vegan friends!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Enjoy it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

I'd love to go but no way of getting to Kilkenny , nowhere to stay , (I live in Dublin) , could we organize somethin like this in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

There are dublin vegetarian meet ups that occur regularly. Haven't been to any of their restaurant meetups though. Info: http://vegetarian.meetup.com/485/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Oh cool I might check that out but was thinking more along the lines of a boards.ie specific meetup, if enough ppl were interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yeah, I've always hoped to bump into the veggies at the boards beers but generally anyone interested was busy. And I couldn't make it to the last beers due to prior engagements, though i heard that visitors to this forum went.

If we were to do a specific meetup I think that numbers are so few so that it would be difficult to organise a date which suits all, and a few cancellations would leave it a very quiet event! We are best to latch onto a Boards big meetup or a Vegetarian Society Dublin meetup.

Do I hear you offering to organise such a meetup? ;) Well, if further discussion is to be had on this I suggest a new thread is opened instead of us continuing to highjack this Kilkenny meetup thread... :D

ztoical - I hope the veggie do goes well on the 24th. Sounds like fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Is this event organised by the vegetarian society or is it a local Kilkenny group? I'd be interested in going...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Nature Boy wrote: »
    Is this event organised by the vegetarian society or is it a local Kilkenny group? I'd be interested in going...

it's a local group - Ross Stewart whose a local artist and Tomm More who runs the Cartoon Saloon animation studio have been talking about it for ages and decided to go ahead and try a meet up. Theres a group for it started on facebook if you look for Vegetarian Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I would not be able to make it but it sounds like you will have a great time!

Hope it all goes well for you!

Fab title too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

1st monthly 'No meat and greet' on Saturday 24th January at 6.30 pm at Cartoon Saloon, James street, Kilkenny.

Cool!

I live and work in Dublin but am from KK so would be great to make it down that weekend, though I might be working. I knew Cartoon Saloon moved but didnt realise it was James St. Nice. I make a mean raw chickpea hummous...hey dont knock it till youve tried it! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have fun. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Doolee

Was hoping to get down from Dublin but cant make it after all...will have to eat my tofu cheesecake all by myself! Hope it goes well and keeps running so I can go another time! :)

Advertisement