Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German query

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

In the german comprehension there is a question at the end that asks you to discuss something or compare and contrast certain aspects of the text.

It says you should make at least "three references to the
    content and / or language of the story"

Does this mean we should use content and language, or one or the other? Would you lose marks for just using one, even if you made three references?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

no you shouldnt lose any marks for just choosing one because it says "and / or". It's just really there to give you more variety when answering the question

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

In the german comprehension there is a question at the end that asks you to discuss something or compare and contrast certain aspects of the text.

It says you should make at least "three references to the
    content and / or language of the story"

Does this mean we should use content and language, or one or the other? Would you lose marks for just using one, even if you made three references?
    My teacher used to say pick either three content or three language i.e. don't mix. I don't necessarily mean to say that this is the correct interpretation but staying on one side makes for a better answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The marking scheme will make no distinction between them.

Advertisement