Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DÍOSPÓIREACHT / ÓRÁID

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

I'm talking about Section D in the ceapadóireacht section of paper I.

I know if you choose to do the díospóireacht you have to begin with "a chataorlaigh, a mholtóirí" etc. and you must use the language of the díospóireacht throughout, but there are 2 options in this heading and the other is usually a "caint".

My question is, with the other option do you have to start pff "a chataorlaigh, a mholtóirí" and all that, or can you just write as per usual?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well in a speech there probably wouldn't be a chairperson so no point saying "a chathaorlaigh". You should address the people you're speaking to though, so say something like "lucht féachana, daoine uaisle"

(god my spelling is attrocious, you might want to double-check this!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I'm talking about Section D in the ceapadóireacht section of paper I.

I know if you choose to do the díospóireacht you have to begin with "a chataorlaigh, a mholtóirí" etc. and you must use the language of the díospóireacht throughout, but there are 2 options in this heading and the other is usually a "caint".

My question is, with the other option do you have to start pff "a chataorlaigh, a mholtóirí" and all that, or can you just write as per usual?

I dont think that this will matter in the grand scale of things because either way your register is the same. You are addressing an audience.

Going to bru na pairce during the summer we were told that their is no need using debate language throughout the composition. Addressing the audience at the start. Main body of debate can be like any regular aiste. Conclusion thank the audience. There is no need to complicate things. It aint any Obama speech we are writting here!:pac:

Same with the alt nuachtain option. If you are asked to write to an editor about an interview you have conducted about death on the roads for example, all you have to do in the letter is say, dear editor, i am writing to you about an interview i conducted about xyz and as a result my letter is about this issue. No need to talk to about the interview during the body of the essay and just say thank you for reading my letter at the end.

Advertisement