Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Research Project

Options
  • 07-01-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey okay i really need ideas for my History thingy, I've tried loads of different ones and none are working....It really has to be a somewhat unique concept/idea, and can't be to do with World War 2

Any Ideas??

thank you >.<

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Malcolm X's role in the American Civil Rights Movement or something along those lines.

You can always do one of the Ancient Civilisations too. Roman is the most interesting imo.

I was thinking of doing mine on the History of Alcohol but shied away :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Graycie

haha thanks, the history of alcohol would be hilarious
    i can imagine that would go down a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Damn, I was gonna say The Winter War, but that's WW2 innit. Finland = deadly.

I recently read a book about the Irish Women's Liberation Movement, they were a feminist group around in... well, 1971/1972, their most famous thing was The Contraception Train...very interesting, you'd want to be into feminism though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I'm doing on Ireland's first peacekeeping mission in the Congo 1960-1964, it's bit of a personal thing cause my grandfather was involved so it's sort of easier to get info about it.

I've heard the foundation of the Gardaí is fairly easy supposedly.

Why not do it on your area? them examiers love primary scources...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Done mine on the 36 Berlin Olympics.Not technically world war 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭|MarK|

Your research project cant be on anything that appears on the test itself if im correct.

Do it on Elvis i know someone who did it on jimmy hendrix and examiners like when they see something different, you could pick up a lot of marks from it...run it by your teacher and i garuntee you theyll love the idea.. Elvis would be great aswell he is an important figure in american culture and that whole american history stuff.
    Another great person to do it on would be Mohammad ally he also had an important role in american history, im sure hes in some of your history books anyways...

Id seriously put them 2 people to your teacher and see what they say,same goes to all yous doing history as long as your not in graycies class

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My teacher is shying away from social history so all of us have to do war type ones...hence why I'm doing The Howth Gun Running ( possibly one of the most difficult things to find sources for, surprisingly enough)...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

You could do it on the Prohibition Era in America. You sai the history of alcohol sounded interesting, so this is a very relevant topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm thinking very hard about changing mine to The Fall of The Soviet Union ( Christmas Day 1991), just hoping that its not too near the guideline dates...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

I did mine on the 6 Day War between Israel and the Arabs. Nice and easy to find good information on websites and books etc. Took me the bones of two days. Feels good to have it finished!

I was gonna do it on the Heisel Stadium disaster and its implications for sport but I didn't think it was historically relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Hindenburg Disaster of 1937.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭|MarK|

I did mine on the 6 Day War between Israel and the Arabs. Nice and easy to find good information on websites and books etc. Took me the bones of two days. Feels good to have it finished!

I was gonna do it on the Heisel Stadium disaster and its implications for sport but I didn't think it was historically relevant.
    its very relevant and id rather read about that than some war between arabs, how unoriginal, why do people think it has to be a war to be history

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

|MarK| wrote: »
    its very relevant and id rather read about that than some war between arabs, how unoriginal, why do people think it has to be a war to be history

Because its easier.

Advertisement