Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Xbox

• 07-01-2009 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I've just got a place in Cork and brought my original Xbox down from home for the couple of days I'm there. Havn't used it in ages as had upgraded to a 360....well I was pleasently suprised! Played through Halo:Combat Evolved and am now going through Halo 2....what brilliant games.

And I bought that Xbox on the day they were released in Ireland. What a tough brick it's turned out to be!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Pick up a copy of deathrow IMO its the best game on the original xbox. Unlike the 360 the original xbox is built like a small house. Mine is still running like clockwork. Thats said so are my 3 C64`s and my original nes :)

I sold my copy years ago and regretted it since. Beating the opposing team to death, listening to a custom metal soundtrack and ignoring the actual 'sports' portion of the game...ah, memories. An absolute belter of a game, me and a friend used to play it until sunrise.

I have a pretty good selection of top quality xbox titles as only recently did I start re-building a collection seeing as the games were so cheap. Some great stuff there, even in terms of visuals some of the later xbox games hold up surprisingly well (such as Half Life 2).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Gingface

traded in mine when i got the 360 and regretted it pretty quickly! games are going for nothing preowned and it's like taking out the n64 for a few days..always a laugh!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've regretted trading mine in as well. Should have kept it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

The original xbox did nothing for me, probably because i wasn't a HALO fan. Always preferred my PS2.

Only got a 360 because the Wii was sold out everywhere, little did i know how much happiness it would bring me ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Didn't like the original xbox either. All the games available for it were on the PS2 just the odd time they were a little bit better than the PS2 version graphically. Halo did nothing for me either. Liked the first one but it died on it's ass with the introduction of the flood. Halo 2 after the first level was absolute scutter.

However it did have one or two excellent games. Ninja Gaiden is an excellent combat game. Panzer Dragoon Orta is probably the nicest looking game of last gen and an excellent experience to boot. It also have the best version of Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast.

• Advertisement

I had a PS2 back in the day, my friend an Xbox, and while the games were the same for both, I remember them being significantly faster on Xbox.

On a separate note, I seem to remember the first Xbox prototype actually being in an "X" shape. Anyone also remember this, or is it just the product of my wild imagination? :confused::D

Softmod it, XBMC is unreal nowadays, the amount of programming gone into it.

Makes it better than any other media center ever developed, if only the xbox had more power and HD.

• Get these two games : Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay and The Warriors. Oh and Burnout 3: Takedown

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

cisk wrote: »
    Softmod it, XBMC is unreal nowadays, the amount of programming gone into it.

Makes it better than any other media center ever developed, if only the xbox had more power and HD.

+1 to that and it only takes about an hour to do with no messing around with chips now. Although you do need a PC with an IDE cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Get these two games : Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher bay and The Warriors. Oh and Burnout 3: Takedown

Brilliant.

I sold my xbox just before xmas, it never really did anything for me. I kept one or two games to play on my 360 but still havent got around to it. One of those games was The warriors. I both it for like €4 or something and never played it, its still stealed in the box. So you think its worth playing, anyone know if it wokrs on the 360?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Had some mighty craic on the xbox alright. And as pointed out, it wasn't a flimsy piece of crap like the 360.

The whole 'have to make our consoles' look nice thing is such a pain in the f**king ass. Who cares what it looks like? If MS hadn't been so obsessed with jamming the 360 into such a small case, it probably wouldn't have been half as prone to failure.

Advertisement