Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT Cordoba or Ford Fiesta?

Options
  • 07-01-2009 11:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

The mileage/price is similar.

Sorry I've been plaguing the motor forum with these threads, the time has come to get my vehicle and it's all very exciting. I think I'm gonna go for the Fiesta [02] (not sure how reputable SEAT's are, even though the Cordoba [03] looks cooler). What do you guys think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,998 ✭✭✭✭L1011

SEAT are VW owned, quality shouldn't be all that bad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I can't comment on the Fiesta because I've never owned one, but TBH I don't much care for the looks of them.

I have however had a Cordoba and can highly recommend one - they're solid, comfortable, reliable, fuel efficient, spacious enough inside with a big boot, a pleasure to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,249 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Cordobas is basically a saloon version of the Ibiza. The thing is that saloon cars based on superminis are not very desirable because they are not as practical as their hatchback varients. If you want a Seat then stick with the Ibiza rather than the Cordoba which is now no longer sold.

Given that the Fiesta is a superior car to drive, more popular and Fords are relatively cheap to service and replace parts it would be my choice everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It's a good looking car sliver looks nice, just having a gawk here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

bazz26 wrote: »
    Cordobas is basically a saloon version of the Ibiza. The thing is that saloon cars based on superminis are not very desirable because they are not as practical as their hatchback varients. If you want a Seat then stick with the Ibiza rather than the Cordoba which is now no longer sold.

Given that the Fiesta is a superior car to drive, more popular and Fords are relatively cheap to service and replace parts it would be my choice everytime.

Neighbour of mine pulled up in an 09 one yesterday...prob a run out job though like the old shape Ibizas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Got the SEAT in the end guys. In the end it came down to personal preference and well, I chose the Cordoba. Picked up a really good deal and I'm gonna collect it this week. Pretty excited, this is my first car. I never thought the day would come, hehe.

My insurance on it was €1800 (I'm 17, provisional), with my mom on the insurance as main driver. Would've been €2800 if I was to have my own policy :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Is the Fiesta the old model or the new model?

Dunno. The Ghia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Beau x1 wrote: »
    Dunno. The Ghia.

Old model so i'd guess. Fairly sure the Ghia was alot more common in the older model.

Best of luck with the purchase, 1.4 i'm guessing?

Old model so i'd guess. Fairly sure the Ghia was alot more common in the older model.

Best of luck with the purchase, 1.4 i'm guessing?
    Yup, 1.4. Should be a nice drive, my dad's test driven it and said it was pretty smooth. Thanks, I think it's a pretty nice car for my first - didn't expect anything like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

well wear, just don't go wrecking it with stupid add-ons!!! LOL:)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Fiesta should be easier to offload in three years time, dealers like these.

Advertisement