Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Repair Price

• 07-01-2009 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just sent my second box back for repair, I was told it would cost 66STR. However M$ took 88 Euro out of my acount, this is a LOT more than 66STR after conversion. Ill be ripping them a new one tomorrow. Anyone else ever have this happen or know what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Not had to pay for a repair myself, but it sounds like there was a mess up alright. At first I thought maybe £66 was before VAT but adding on 21.5% still doesn't equal 88... I'd be interested in what the explanation is for this, as I may have to pay for an xbox repair soon...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Delivery expenses and UPS?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Why are people still sending their xboxes back to M$? I know at least 3 friends of mine who repair them after the RROD and they charge 40 euros and my xbox is only gone 2 days...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

FearDark wrote: »
    Why are people still sending their xboxes back to M$? I know at least 3 friends of mine who repair them after the RROD and they charge 40 euros and my xbox is only gone 2 days...

Probably so its still under warranty in case something else goes wrong down the line, the minute your friends go near it thats gone out the window

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Yeah I understand, i meant with out of warranty xboxes like my one, its second time i got RROD, gave it to my buddy yesterday, ill have it after work tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Maybe op's xbox problem wasn't RRoD!

It is possible ya know...

Sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

It was the DVD drive, I was told the RROD was covered for 3 years but not this fault. I am going to ring them about the extra charge. I was told 60STR was the cost INCLUDING delivery and pick-up etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Well turns out the cost is between 60-65 STR NOT including VAT. I was not told this but got on to a supervisor who told me the machine was covered for 2 years. So I need to send in proof of purchase. But the Xbox was a gift so I dont have it, its crazy!

Any chance someone could send me a scan of a reciept for an Xbox bought in Ireland between Septermber-November 2007? The dopes inist upon it, and if I can provide proof I get the repair cost refunded. I cannot contact the original buyer for the reciept.

Advertisement