Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feeling low?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

I find that working is getting me through it all..
    Everyone keeps comparing how much study/hw each person is doing. For the new year I've decided I'm going to do my own work and focus on me & my exams.

What I'm finding most frustrating are friendships just falling apart out of nowhere & from nothing.. Six months ago I could have made an endless list of close friends that I could talk to, now I could make an endless list of friends that I barely talk to in school but that's it. It's driving me up the wall because I've been trying to make an effort but not getting the effort back.

At this stage I'm so tempted to just get on with things without making the effort if others arn't willing to make it. I hate the thought of this though..
    Because friendships are so weak at the moment I'm dreading to think what will happen when we all go our separate ways next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -Aviron-

Add a drop of lavender to your bath and soon, you'll soak yourself calm.

If you want to feel calm, eat more raw fruit and vegetables, yoghurt, milk and seeds.

When you rest, you are a king, surveying your estate. Look at the woodland. The peacocks on the lawn. Be the king of your own calm kingdom.

When you're feeling under pressure, do something different. Roll up your sleeves, or eat an orange.

Be on the look out for things that make you laugh. If you see nothing worth laughing at, pretend you see it, then laugh.

-Black Books BTW:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭djcervi

I'm feeling really under pressure now to study but it's so difficult. It's also hard when you are feeling sick and low. :(
    I try not to feel low as I know it won't help me with studying and getting on with things.
    But at the moment I'm realising that friendships are changing and that some people I call 'friends' are completely two faced and rigid as hell. At the same time I'm also realising that after six years in school there are so many people in my year who I never got to know, but who I'm starting to talk to now, and I regret never getting to know them years ago (6th year nostalgic moment). Instead I befriended complete {insert appropriate word here} who are really annoying me now. I feel in a bit of a rut atm.

Anyway on the plus side I did okay in my christmas exams. I got 490 (*dropped from 510 in summer). So Examwise I'm hoping I'll do ok.:). With some more focused and effective study, of course. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I'm not feeling too bad. Our mocks are on directly before the midterm and the teachers are telling us to relax over the mid-term, so i'm looking forward to that week :D

Every now and again though i just think "Oh ****, i'm doing my LC this year" and i feel like banging my head against a wall. :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Curlywonder

Mocks in 5 weeks? Thats loads of time to revise! Ive got mine in 2 and a half week... go on for two and a half weeks and finish just before the midterm, so havent even got that extra time to study!..

Starting to feel the pressure now... and it's horrible.

Ive made a vow to myself that even if i fail and don't get the point I want, im not going to go back and repeat. Regardless of the outcome of the Leaving Cert theres no way I can go back and do it all again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 golly-pop

Strangely, looking back, I now have really fond memories of that last six months in secondary school, even though at the time it seemed like HELL. When I hear songs that were out at the time I go "agggghhhh".......and get all nostalgic. You still have lots of time to slog, - just do it methodically, picking and sticking with particular topics to revise. Dont panic and jump randomly from one topic to another. To hell with the Mocks, - if they dont go great it means nothing. June is your goal. Have fun as often as you can. Be friends with your teachers, - they are your best hope. Thousands of others out here feel the same as you and this time next year you will all look back and laugh.HONEST!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Fad wrote: »
    Any lowness will be cured by Leathermouth, I assure you, I want that album to be out soooooo much :(

Exactly :pac:
    *listens non-stop to the two tracks uploaded to their bebo http://www.bebo.com/leathermouthlives *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Rizzla King

Just get down to the books, I'm doing that and I keep reminding myself how sweeter this summer will be when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Exactly :pac:
    *listens non-stop to the two tracks uploaded to their bebo http://www.bebo.com/leathermouthlives *

Fad may or may not already have the album :p

no need for live!

PS it's brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

-Aviron- wrote: »
    Happy Birthday! :cool:

You'll feel alot better after the mocks.. Trust me I finished mine just before Christmas (weird I know but then again my school is weird)

You have your mocks done!!! Any tips you'd like to hand my way??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

the big thing to remember is your mocks are probably harder than the real thing there's a lot more extra stuff going on and it's the first time (probably) you'll be doing a full 1/2 paper exam in a set time

but do like me it p****d me off for ages its x weeks to the mocks use it break it down (don't let it do that to you) into itty bitty pieces and plan it all out

and remember for the real thing you will have 2/3 months of solid revision done for it i mean is that not enough ...but most of all mocks are exactly that MOCKS i.e A joke ,a practice,adry run,whatever you want to call it they don't matter for s*** in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 16 -Aviron-

alan1990 wrote: »
    You have your mocks done!!! Any tips you'd like to hand my way??

Our teachers set their own mocks so nothing that will be of any particular use... Good luck though!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Can't get upset, or stressed, or depressed about the LC. Can't get motivated either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cmb

i know it feels like you may not have much time but i would say the best thing to do is find something that lets you forget all about school and exams. be it playing sport, going for a walk with your ipod or just having a laugh with some mates. i didnt play any sport in 6th year and i really regretted it. i'd make myself go for walks, just so i could get out of the house in the evenings. Also, have a good cry. Seriously helps so much. u feel like such an idiot but it works. the mocks don't mean anything cause everyone else is panicked as well. a good idea is not to tell people your results either. it's not about comparing yourself with how others are doing. it's only about doing your best. i didnt see that at all during leaving cert but at the end of the day is does work out for the best.
    best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I've mocks in a week and a half and I've done barely any study. Been off sick with the flu since last Friday (constant headaches, general weakness) so while I was initially hoping to get mostly Cs in the mocks it's now likely it'll be Ds, in the harder subjects at least.

Made the decision a few weeks back though that I wouldn't be overly concerned with the mocks - just continue studying as normal for the actual Leaving which should be enough to cover the mocks. No longer the case. :s

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

did my lc last year, so i felt the need to share my "pearls" of "wisdom":)

Enjoy what time you have left, beacause 6th yr is (well was for me and all my class) the best time in school.... despite the stress and the constant dark cloud following us around, it was the year that we all felt that bit more close and got on much better with the teachers and such. i can honestly say that the leaving cert is not as bad as it is cracked up to be. the few days and weeks before the exams just avoid any kind of news or talkshow (damn things, nearly gave me a heart attack the morning of the maths exam but anyways.....!) just sit down and logically think about what you are being asked. once your in the exam hall, whatever knowledhe you have will come somewhere from the back of brain..... oohhh and take in polos... they will totally calm you aswell!! (i ate about 17 packets last june id say!:eek:) the worst part i felt about the exams was the lead up, the discussion about them before and the disection of the paper afterwards!! avoid all of the above to retain sanity!!

the mocks are nothing.... seriously. the best thing in the world you could do is do badly in the mocks because you would be surprised how much of a wake up call it is!! use your mocks to gauge what you need to work on. most importantly though..... chill out!! and be sure to head out for a few pints with the buds:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Feeling low today, failed English again :( I really can't afford to drop. I think I will have to do grinds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

*to circle*

Hi, my name is niall and im a leaving certer.

But seriously, feeling low as ****e atm, was in school helping out at a meeting for incoming first years parents, giving a tour and the likes, anyway, just realised how much im going to miss the place so feeling low, couldnt finish homework or anything! Oh well, twill be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

timmywex wrote: »
    *to circle*

Hi, my name is niall and im a leaving certer.

But seriously, feeling low as ****e atm, was in school helping out at a meeting for incoming first years parents, giving a tour and the likes, anyway, just realised how much im going to miss the place so feeling low, couldnt finish homework or anything! Oh well, twill be grand!
    *hug*

Feel better?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 -Quinn-09-

im repeating the leaving cert now thats depressing..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooppppe.

Advertisement