Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising a tourney, advice needed on pricing and what not!

• 08-01-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

I am going setting up a small tourney (to start with) with a view to raising a few Euro for my Club. Just a feeler to see what amount of an entrance fee people would pay for say 250 for the winner 100 runner up. Is that an unrealistic target of prize money?

I was thinking of maybe 10euro a man. Not an awful lot these days ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

How many people do you expect?
    €10 a man sounds o.k.
    What percentage of the takings will go to your club? (you don't have tell us)
    Hope you get a large turn out.
    You will need about 60 people to take part with that prize money to make a decent profit for your club imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Yeah if you got 60 people @ 10 euro thats 600

250 winner 100 runner up 50 euro third and 50 for highest checkout normally is the way of things

That still leaves you with 150 for the club

That said, you need to get 60 people out, easier said than done, but you could do it with no profit with 45 people with the same prize money

Depending on where you organise it sometimes the bar will put money into the event because they will make so much on the drink having 60 beer swiggers turning up is great business so maybe direct money for the club isnt the way to think about it and maybe be putting it to them that they will make X and Y by having 60 people on the premises, i know a few clubs have offered organisers over here 1000 euro to run it in their pub,

with 1000 euro in the pot, probably 20 euro to enter because of the large pot, if 50 people turned up paying 20 quid thats a 2000 euro pot

1000 to the winner, 500 to second, 350 to third, 100 to fourth and 50 euro top checkout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

When I would organise pub draws, I would always make sure that the pub paid out (at least) half of the pot that was brought in on the night.

Don't come out with a set prize money list until after everyone is registered, and make sure to mention that the event on the night is a fundraiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

When I would organise pub draws, I would always make sure that the pub paid out (at least) half of the pot that was brought in on the night.

Agree here, if your having it in a pub then they should be putting a good donation towards the prize fund, €10 is the norm now for most competitions, anything above €10 would probably put average throwers off going.

Advertisement