Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Write-protected PNY Attache 4GB Flash Drive

Options
  • 08-01-2009 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi there,

Has anyone bought these a while back,

Having a problem with PNY USB Flash Drive 4GB it says its write-protected as i got 2 of them together in a packet as a present, & the other one didnt have a problem?

They were purchased in Aldi :rolleyes: if thats any help!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Is there a little switch on the side of the USB stick? That would usually be the cause. Try switching it and trying again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have an 8 gig one myself. There is no switch on them.
    Have you right clicked on the flashdrive icon (when its inserted into your USB slot) and checked the "properties"?
    Make sure "read only", etc, are unticked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

I'm just coming back to this now, On the properties of the USB it only has General, Autoplay, Tools, Hardware, Sharing but nowhere on there can i see where to untick 'Read-only' :o

But to no avail as i see where you untick 'Read-only' on the attributes on the General tab on the folder inside it, but it says its write-protected?

Can you even double click on the drive and see any folders/files on it?
    If so, right click on those and tell us what the properties are.

Biggins wrote: »
    Can you even double click on the drive and see any folders/files on it?
    If so, right click on those and tell us what the properties are.

I've d/clicked on the folder properties & below you will see the Attributes of the folder with the Read-only ticked...

& then even if you just delete the folder as its only a file downloaded, but i want to make more room on it.

• Advertisement

Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but just checking, have you tried formatting the stick?

(I know this problem must be a right pain in the backside for you.)

Biggins wrote: »
    Sorry to ask what is probably a stupid question but just checking, have you tried formatting the stick?

(I know this problem must be a right pain in the backside for you.)

Yeah i've tried everytime i've done something to it but here's a pic to prove anyway.
    As its handier than explaining something awkward, as its usually straightforward as it is with the other one!

But soon enough it'll be a pain... :o

I'm honestly at a loss. Sounds like the whole thing is faulty and you should be seeking a refund!
    See my pm.

Advertisement